Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I think I'll ask them on the Asus ROG Forums. The motherboard manual makes it sound like it's included with the motherboard. If it isn't, oh well. It's not like it's something I'd frequently use.

Hmm... Daemon Tools doesn't have the best reputation in debugging circles as it's been the cause of many a bsod. I'm not saying don't use it but just know if you suddenly start blue screening look at Daemon Tools first.

Off to rewiring new pc.
I couldn't fall asleep until 7:30 A.M. and got up up about 30-45 minutes ago.
The rewiring shouldn't take long. Probably 1-1 1/2 hours. Then I need to eat. Then I have to take my 2 760's out of this pc and put them in the new one.
Maybe, I'll have the new one all done with everything by Tuesday 1:30 P.M. for the new patch Tuesday updates.

Started a little late 6:30 P.M. Decided to eat first. My way of redoing everything worked. Found the front /top panel's Reset and HDD Led wires. Have the Power, Reset, HDD Led and Speaker hooked up now. I'm going to do the rest.
Took so so long so far, because, I'm tidying up the wire management as I go. Cases fan controller wires took a while as it has 3 for the top, 3 for the bottom, 3 for the side, 3for the rear and 3 for the front. I know have each areas wrapped together for easy access.

I guess next month, I'll be putting one of the Sapphire R9 380X 4.0GB video cards in. I'm ordering the first one the same day the motherboard goes back for it's rma.
I guess in a way, it worked out. Now, I won't have to do a second clean install of Windows 10 Pro, for switching from NVIDIA card's to AMD one's.

Well, what a waste of time. I redid all the wiring and the PCIe x16 2 falls off the motherboard. Have to rma it back to Newegg and redo all this a 3rd time.

WHAT???? OMFG! That's rough man, I feel your pain bud I really do although you seem to be handling it well. I'd be bouncing off the walls by now lol..

Nice link by the way. I'll post the actual info page in the forum.

At first, I was really pissed off. Now, not really. It's beginning to seem like someone doesn't want this pc working, though.
At least for a few seconds that it did run, I got the case's buit-in Hue lighting sytem changed to red. The non-led 200mm. side panel fan even looked red.
Once the PCIe x16 2 port fell off, the board won't work at anything other than the board's Power & Reset buttons lighting up. If you press case's or board's power button's, nothing happens now.
I'm not pissed now, only because it's not costing me anything. Already have my rma number from Newegg.

It won't be that fast. I can't send it back until next month. It will be mailed by the 30th day, though, as far as Newegg goes.
Most likely, I'll receive the Sapphire R9 380X first. The board will probably take another week, as they'll get it, probably the same day I receive the video card.

Hey friend! If you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all.:clover::clover:
Hang in there @brkkab I'm sure you will Get-Er-Done. You have a lot of your friends here hoping for a good out come with your new build.
Here's some luck from holdum333.:clover::clover::clover::clover:

**Off Topic** I just found a stupid thing Microsoft did with FileHistory. I went to open it up and restore a few things from this pc, before I took a few parts out and did a clean install of Windows 10. You can't restore your files in FileHistory to a different pc, only the pc they were created on. I did find a way around this, but we shouldn't have to look for one. I had to close FileHistory, open This PC, double-click on my external drive and right-click on each folder, copy and then paste them where I wanted them.
75-85% of people won't know how to do this or think of doing it.

the Microsoft way is the ONLY way... thats why people don't trust their backup systems

Yeah, you got that one , at least in their head's. I also
found out a funny one yesterday. I ran PeaceKeeper on IE 11, Edge, Firefox 46.0 and Chrome 50.*.* (current version.
The only browser Edge beat was IE 11 and only by roughly 900 points. This is without addons in Edge and addons in the rest.
Once, Edge uses addons, it won't be faster than even IE 11.

I would expect firefox to win hands down but yes edge is not made for speed... its there to play adds so people buy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom