Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Actually Chrome won. Order of scores: 1.Chrome 27** , 2. Firefox 26**, 3. Edge (No add-ons) 21** and 4. IE 11 20**.
Once the Windows 10 Anniversary Update comes and we add add-ons to Edge, it will be the slowest browser. IE 11 will even beat it.

**Off Topic** I finally found out what foods to avoid for my frequent kidney stone episodes. Here's a pdf on it that may help other's. Not good for me personally my favorite foods are on the list to avoid. Lasagna, pizza and pretty much all Italian and Mexican food. Spaghetti appears to be all that's not interpreted from the list.

Attachments

• stones.zip
    46.1 KB · Views: 232
Me neither. Lasagna is my favorite.I don't see me sticking with what that pdf says at all. I can't eat just 5 ounces of meat a day. Just 4 ounces of cheese. I can't eat tacos without a side of rice and a side of beans. Beans are on the list to avoid. I can't avoid chili.
My father was a cook, so I was 2 or 3 when I started learning to do it.
The day before I found out I was a diabetic, I made home made chocolate chip cookie, bearclaws, apple turnovers and cherry turnovers. I basically took over what my dad did at Thanksgiving & Christmas time after he died.
I found out about the diabetes, the day after Christmas.
My nephrologist told me to take 1 tums before each meal. Apparently Tums stops the Oxalate from going anywhere.
I can't avoid Lasagna on my birthday and numerous other times a year.

I'm originally from New Jersey. You can't live in New Jersey, New York or Pennsylvania and not like real Italian food. There are too many real Italian restaurants in all 3 states. Especially back when the mob still existed. 1970's era.

IMHO! It's hard to beat God Fathers supreme with the works with original crust!
images

Well. when I lived in New Jersey, most town's had 7 or more Italian restaurants in them. One that opened in my home town, I know the owner was in the mob. You'd always see the guys in there for the laundered money. Other than that, the owner was nice. I was his 1st customer ever and he knew what different things I ordered. We moved when I was 14. I went in there when I was 20 and he remembered me and asked me order a, b, c, d, e, or f? A. Lasagna, B. Real Philly Cheesesteak w/fried onions, green peppers and mushrooms on it, C; Meatball Parmesan sub, D. Pizza w/everything, except anchovies, E. Pizza w/sausage, pepperoni, canadian bacon, pineapple, green peppers and fried onions or F. Calzone w/sausage, epproni and ham.
Another Italian restaurant near my mom's house put a twist on Calzones. They call them Panzerotti's and deep fry them, instead of baking them.

From New Jersey, I miss Angelino's, Scavo's, Anthony's , Tony's and Guido's.
From California Amecci's for Italian food and Taco Tec for Mexican.
For Florida there's a good Mexican food truck in my town. Have no idea on it's name. For pizza there's only one good place in my area Papa John's.

I'm pretty sure all the ones in New Jersey were mob involved. New York City was north and Philadelphia was east by maybe 10 minutes from my home town. Only thing between Bordentown,N.J. and Philadelphia,Pa. was the Delaware River.

It's funny when I go to visit my mom & sister, I have them trained. I need my lasagna and a Philly Cheesesteak at the places I choose. Neither one & no visit.
Sister's one town above Philadelphia and mom is still in New Jersey.

Now, watch, AMD will release a newer line after I order my 1st 380X in 2 weeks. I wish I could afford a GTX 1070, but there's no way I can.

Enjoy the 380x I used one in a build a few weeks ago there isn't a game it won't play with good FPS. Granted you won't have the same FPS that a GTX 970/980 will but close enough. You have a great platform with your new Intel setup and processor anyway that is the main thing at least there won't be any bottlenecking for the GPU :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll enjoy it for sure. Sometime in August, I'll have a 2nd 380X for CrossFire. Really the only new games I'll have that won't run at Ultra on them is. Maybe Batman: Arkham Knight and probably Rise of the Tomb Raider.
All my other games should run maxed out.
July is just Rise of the Tomb Raider and getting my dog his yearly shot's, physical, registration and tag.
August will be the 2nd video card and September/October will be finishing up with a newer/bigger monitor. This time a ips one, instaed of a tn panel.
That may take a while to decide on the one I want.

One day next week, I'll probably pull my motherboard, cpu and ram out. Motherboard will be on it's way back to Newegg on the 3rd for my rma. Probably won't receive the replacement for 1-2 weeks from then.
I got my replacement hue lighting button from NZXT on Tuesday, though. Now, once I have the motherboard out, I'll put that in. I have to pull the whole piece out, though. NZXT sent me the whole piece which has the case's hue lighting button for the 3 strips on the case, a knob for changing the led colors, a rear white led button and a sd card reader. I'm not hooking the sd card reader up, as I have my multi-card reader already in the case.
I'll do all that when I feel like messing with it for a few hours, as the case wires all need to be unwrapped and redone again.
The wire re-wrapping I may leave until my replacement motherboard arrives and get's installed.

Batman: Arkham Knight
I'm just about to finish this game... Pretty good! Next it's Witcher 3 expansion: Blood and Wine. I'm even going to start afresh and play through again as it's probably one of the best games in the last 10yrs if not all time (IMO of course).

Motherboard will be on it's way back to Newegg on the 3rd for my rma.
Wow I thought you had done this already?

Back
Top Bottom