Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Actually, the rma is from Newegg on it. Haven't had the mobo 30 day's yet. I should receive a new one back, knowing Newegg. Actually Asus has gotten bad on rma's and what they send you back.

Weird.. I see you answered already but I missed the prompt... Hmm.. forum is acting odd lately.

I have a business account through newegg and for the most part that have been great, even when my account was regular it was great and I always received a new board for RMA. This going back to 2001, though out of 300 or so motherboards there were not that many RMA's most that would consider a board dead I was able to get working with various techniques.

Yes, it was on the 3rd of May that I ordered it.
The first mobo I got they wanted me to call their service and pay for everything on it, even parts that were supposed to be in the box, when I received it (M.2 mount and it's screw for holding my M.2 ssd to the board.
Through the forums I've heard too many bad experiences from them recently. One guy bought a gaming ips monitor and they sent him a tpt monitor back.
Others have complained of getting there parts back extremely dirty and broken on arrival from their poor return packaging.

Hey friend! I think you have the longest and the most replies on any thread on the forum. Congratulations my friend.
I hope your health is improving. I 'm a 12 year cancer survivor and I can see you are a fighter like myself.
Hang in there my friend. I know you will Get-er-Done. I'm not a hardware person, but I admire anyone that is.
I'm mainly a software person and that's where my little bit of talent is, and where I try to help people. Thanks for following me!
I enjoy your replies too, even though some are way over my head!

Thanks holdum333. I'm not as good with hardware as others. I did learn and acquire one good trait from both my parents. Do your research on things first and learn as much possible. I also got learning how to fix or build stuff from my dad. Painting and drawing, too. My complications killed off my trust in the last two. I was good at both, when my eyesight was better.
10-15 years ago, I would've been airbrushing stuff on the Phantom 820 case for sure.
Health's ok for now. I've notice one weird thing since I found out about the initial things I can't eat. Since I've been following the list as much as possible, I'm tired more often now. Almost always now.
I've also finally quit smoking. Ran out of money for the month for cigarettes. Chantix, I guess is finally working. I haven't had a cigarette since Thursday. I do have one of the electronic cigarettes, though. They aren't the same as real cigarettes though.
I'll have to see if I can avoid buying any on Friday, though. That's my test.

Is it just me that thinks that keyboard lights up a little TOO much? lol
yes don't forget the pics please brkkab

I'm kind of still finding out information on all 3 devices. I noticed a few things earlier, though. I've got the current Nvidia 368.22 for my 760's installed since they released them. All of a sudden on Sunday and today, if I try to watch any videos in myTube or Perfect Tube, I get frequent messages saying the display driver crashed & recovered. Did a clean install of the driver, when it was installed and deleted the old one from the Nvidia folder on C:.
I also noticed in Feed Demon, when I read any new feed from a legitimate site like Windows Central , WinBeta or any other legitimate site. If I have the page for a article open more than 2 minutes, I get a message all of a sudden that the sites scripts are no good and have to use task manager to end Feed Demon being opened, as every time I click ok to acknowledge the script message, it keeps reappearing.
So far I've run AdwCleaner (clean) and ZHPCleaner (clean). After Bitdefender runs a full scan @ 6 AM, I'm gonna update Malwarebytes free and run a full scan in safe mode with it.

I get frequent messages saying the display driver crashed & recovered.
I've had one so far using this driver. That was playing Arkham Knight so I'm now back on Witcher 3 as the expansion is out tomorrow and I'll keep an eye on the TDR's (which is the correct term for these little driver resets) If it doesn't reset in time then you see the classic Bugcheck 116 bsod.

I did use the new DDU beta to clean out the old driver before installing the new so maybe give that a try?

OK will do. First I need to reget the old driver. I have a problem with incinerating stuff like old driver setup.exe's and deleted files. Malwarebytes came up clean, too. I'm assuming it's a ie bug claiming good web sites scripts are bad.
All my software is up to date, so it isn't that. Other, than Feed Demon (as it no longer gets updated. I don't like any of the modern rss readers, though.

Hmm... the latest driver is now 368.22:
driver.JPG

Yeah, That's the one that kept failing on videos on me. Both of them were released within a week of each other, I believe. They also released another one on Friday, but it's only for the 1080's.

I'm trying to figure out why they release the new cards for a new series and don't release enough for people to buy or have the other companies have they're cards ready to go on release day. It's stupid if you think about it. They'lll do it again on the 10th with the 1070's. They'll probably announce the 1060 at Computex or by the 10th, too or they'll wait for AMD's new card release.

Back