Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

There seems plenty here that's available. I'm nipping out but will be back later.. :)

ussnorway: On which one? The Attack X3, the 700K or both of them ?
The red attack X3 is what I'm on about and I couldn't see myself having that light in my eyes whilst playing at night but it is your system mate

ussnorway:They can be changed in it's software. The lighting can be turned off, too. I'd only really use it at night.

Apparently that new GeForce 368.22 was causing the issues in Feed Demon, too. No issues since I went back to the 365.19 driver.

I just heard the starting price on AMD's upcoming RX 480. It's supposed to be $200.00 and have a 4.0GB version along with a 8.0GB version. They'll be out on June 25th according to a article PC World has up. AMD's Radeon RX 480 brings high-end graphics to the masses for just $200
I can't get it in July, but in August I can. It just may be better to scrub getting the 2 R9 380X's and get the RX 480's. Maybe, I'll even be able to swing getting a 8.0GB one.

Mike: That's weird, I got a email that you replied to thread with Test. It's not showing up here in the thread.
Anyway, I'm gonna compare prices, reviews (by reliable sources) and the benchmarks.
I may only get one card, if I can swing the 8.0GB one.
I'll probably just need to save a little from July's money to add to August's to do it.
It depends on the price difference of the 4GB & 8GB cards. If the 8.0GB ones are $250 - $350, I can swing it. If higher, no way.

Yes @brkkab

Sorry, we were testing what we believed to be an issue on the forum with certain threads but this is resolved now. Thank you and sorry for the problem.

Mike: No problem. It amzes me some of the comments I read on YouTube from people.
They're complaining about Nvidia's 1080 looking better and AMD using lower setting's, etc. They probably are, but the 1080 uses 512mb ram sppeds and the RX 480 uses 256mb. ram speeds as far as speed goes.
Yes, if you looked AMD's side was using 2 RX 480's. Every comment missed that.
Still, though, the 2 RX 480's are only $398.00 compared to $699.00 for a GTX 1080 Founder's Edition card. Big price difference to most people.
The Nvidia is using the newer GDDR5+, too. The AMD is using GDDR5 like the GTX 1070's do. No one hit on that either.
So of course the 1080 looks better. It's more expensive, too.

Here's a funny video Linus Tech Tips hhas on the RX 480. I say funny because the AMD guy seriously dropped the RX 480 on the ground, before giving it to Linus for free. I doubt that free card will work Linus.

AMD's Zen announcement really didn't say anything.
They never do lol.

I think what will either make it or break it for Zen is single core performance. This was the issue with the FX series. The chips were reasonably quick with all cores being used but single core performance was dreadful, in fact worse than dreadful!
I hope for AMD's sake and us end users that they have sorted this one out!

Yeah, that's why cpu wise I dumped them and went with skylake on this build. They're new cpu and chipset, etc. are gonna be the first real upgrade since 2012 for them.
Now, I'm real excited for my new build. The motherboard goes back tomorrow and thanks to holding off on the video card/s until I see reviews and benchmarks, I'll be ordering my ips monitor tomorrow. It's a low-end LG 25UM58-P 25' ips gaming moniot @75hz. and a 2560 X 1080 resolution.
I'm gonna try that out on this pc, when it arrives. I'll just have to install my calibrator's driver and it's software on this to calibrate it.
The monitor has some neat profiles on it. 2 for gaming, 1 for pictures, 1 for movies and then each one has custom settings. It has various black stabilization modes for games, etc. It'll be weird just seeing better colors on a ips monitor, instead of a tn monitor.
Then in July, after I know the various RX 480 prices for the 4GB & 8GB versions, I'll put $100.00 away for getting one in August.

Looking good! I might get a new SSD depending funds but your build is really starting to come together.. How much is the monitor if you don't mind?

It's $190.00 @Newegg or $183.00 +tax @Amazon. Newegg is less in the end. Amazon gives free shipping, but the tax would be more than Newegg's shipping in the end.

The new ssd will be down the road, when the 1.0TB ones prices drop. Technically my 850 EVO 500GB is still new, as I haven't used it yet. I will be happy yo stop using the Intel 530 480GB one down the road. It's the slowest one, I've ever had.
The OCZ Trion 960GB ones have a good price now. I'll wait before getting a OCZ one again, for the simple reason, that it used to be with them, when they updated the firmware, you had to reinstall everything and start over. With Samsung & Intel, you don't. You just upgrade the firmware and restart the pc.

I have always used Samsung from the get go and never had an issue really... Nice price on the monitor too..

I like Samsung the best, too. They're the only ones that has a benchmark and rapid mode in their software. I'm getting over 2100mbps reads on this pc with my 840 Pro.
I'm sure that number will increase a little on the 850 EVO 500GB, as it's a M.2 sata.

Back