Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Do you have Rapid mode enabled? Here's my bench, Rapid mode is enabled.
bench.JPG

When I first benched I thought, 'Nah, it's the Samsung app configured to produce good results for Samsung drives', until I benched using another tool and got more or less the same results.

New monitor is ordered. Now, I just have to mail the motherboard back to Newegg later today.
Nice!
I was just looking at your Magician again and wondered if your missing a firmware upgrade? Also do you not use 'Over provisioning'? I've always used it and apparently it can extend the life of the drive. Give it a try and then bench again.

I have the current version of Magician 497 and it says my firmware is up to date. In 20 minutes I'm going to Staples to ship my motherboard back. The new monitpr is just going to fit on my desk. I'll maybe have 3" on each side of it free. I took a good look at pictures of it last night. I can't believe how narrow the bezel's are on it, compared to my current monitor. It sets about 2" higher, too.

I don't believe something stupid I did yesterday. I forgot to take my Arctoc Liquid Freezer 240's cpu backplate off the Maximus VIII Hero before I sent it back.
I emailed Newegg and Arctic Cooling a few minutes aggo. I hope one of them can help me out, so I can use my cooler and pc when the replacement motherboard arrives. If not, I'm screwed in 2 ways. #1. I'll have to buy another cooler. #2. I'll miss my free Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Professional's key and have to pay for 10 Pro.

I forgot to take my Arctoc Liquid Freezer 240's cpu backplate off the Maximus VIII Hero before I sent it back.
Damn!

Let's hope they either send you a new one or find the old and send that?

I hope so, but knowing my luck, I'll have to buy another one. I still have my box from my old Corsair H-100 that went bad. I'll check it when I receive the replacement motherboard and see if the Corsair one will fit it.

I have a feeling NVIDIA may announce the GTX 1060 on June 29th to counter AMD's RX 480 release on that day. It would be nice if it happened and they countered it price wise. Hopefully it will only come with a 8GB version, too.

If they release a GTX 1060 and it has 8GB's of VRAM, that's what I'll get. As I've used SLI and know that games that don't support SLI, still play fine. Batman: Arkham Knight plays fine with my 2 GTX 760's.
I've never used CrossFire, so I don't know if the same would happen.
I also have noticed the difference in the games that work in SLI and games that work in CrossFire lists I've come across. Big edge to SLI there.

Only thing I'm unsure of on SLI on the GTX 1080, 1070, 1060 is if the SLI bridge that come's with our motherboards will work. The only clear information I got from their GTX 1080 announcement was that for 3-way SLI, we'd need a special bridge from NVIDIA. They didn't make it clear for 2-way SLI.

Now, I'm researching on 140mm & 200mm case fans I want to get down the road. It's between NZXT Airflow Red LED or Bitfen Spectre Pro Red LED's. I'll need 4 140mm's and 2 200mm's to replace the ones in my case.
140mm- Rear Exhaust, HDD Bay Pivot Fan and 2 Bottom
200mm.- Front Panel, Side Panel
Bitfenix Links: BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-14025R-RP 140mm Red LED Case Fan - Newegg.com
BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Red 200mm Case Fan - Newegg.com

NZXT Links: NZXT Airflow Series RF-FZ140-R1 140mm Red LED Case Fan - Newegg.com
NZXT Airflow Series Rf-Fz20S-R1 200Mm Red Led Case Fan - Newegg.com
http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Cooling-Sleeved-RF-FZ20S-R1/dp/B00BONJINC
The NZXT Airflow 200mm Red LED ones I'll get from Amazon, as Newgg's come from China and would take forever to arrive.

Now comes the fun part, getting my games to run @ 21:9 2560 X1080 resolution.
Only have a few installed now through Steam.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY
WWE 2K16

Will be installing also on new pc:
Steam Games:
2 listed above plus:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe
Batman: Arkham Knight
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
DIRT 3 Complete Edition
DIRT Showddown
Fear 3
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Microsoft Flight Simulator X -Steam Edition
Operation Flash Point: Dragon Rising
Operation Flash Point: Red River
Overlord
Overlord: Raising Hell
Overlord II
RBI Baseball 15
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Later on)
Tomb Raider 2013
WWE2K15

Origin:
Crysis 3
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Titanfall: Deluxe Edition

Uplay:
Assassins Creed: Rogue
Assassins Creed: Chronicles of China
Far Cry 3
Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell Blacklist

Last edited:
Here's the Windows Modern Games List:
Asphalt 7: Heat
Asphalt 8: Airborne
Car Simulator 3D
Card Games Chest
Dungeon Hunter 5
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
GT Racing 2: The real car experience
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo: Spartan Strike
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Minecraft: Windows 10 beta
Modern Combat 5: Blacklist
Order & Chaos2
Overkill 3
Reckless Racing Ultimate
Shadow Fight 2
Snowboard Party

Steam Benchmarks:
3D Mark Advaved
PC Mark 8 Advanced

Windows 10 Modern Benchmarks:
GFX Bench DX Benchmark
PC Benchmark

Desktop Benchmarks:
ASUS: Real Bench
As SSD
ATTO

I use only Samsung 850 EVO's in all my Computers for the OS.
Very happy as the read and write speeds are consistant.
I have settled for 250 Gig's for the OS's. For my use 250 GIG I find is ample.
The bulk of my data I keep on WD Blue spinners.
I still have two Samsung 850 EVO's left on OS's however don't find a huge Read and Write difference between the two sizes.

Back
Top Bottom