Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

They didn't ship it on Friday, so either Monday or Tuesday, as their email stated to give them 1-3 business days.

Here's a website you guys may be interested in. They sell various Intel cpu's that are physically checked by them to work at a certain overclocked speed. They have listings for 1150, 1151 and 2011-3 cpu's. Silicon Lottery

Here's a website you guys may be interested in. They sell various Intel cpu's that are physically checked by them to work at a certain overclocked speed. They have listings for 1150, 1151 and 2011-3 cpu's. Silicon Lottery

Apparently they work too. I read a review on these guy's a while ago and apparently they are as good as their word. When purchasing the chip you also get complete instructions on how to attain the speed specified (clocks voltages ect).

Interesting. This reminds me of what Xoxide did with the AMD Athlon XP 1700 long ago . I doubt any of you remember that.

I may very well get a cpu from them for my first board down the road after I have my 1st new one built and the cpu pins on the first board unbent.

I may very well get a cpu from them for my first board down the road after I have my 1st new one built and the cpu pins on the first board unbent.

Hey you have one of the best 1151 boards with that Asus ROG you should have no trouble with 4.6 GHZ +. Overclocking is a different animal though from gaming. When gaming you will want complete stability. When overclocking you are going for bragging rights only (aside from the knowledge gained which can be considerable). A 6600k is nearly as fast as a 4790k regarding gaming, in stick trim no less. I spent many years overclocking and I can tell you with the default speed of CPU's these days is plenty,

Yeah, from what I've heard about the i5 6600K you can get it between 4.6-4.8GHz. 4.8 is pushing it, though.
I'm planning on using AI Suite 3's 5-way optimization. It's got some good options in it, like a per-core overclock, etc. and it also tests your cooling, runs stability tests and then after it crashes and your pc restarts, it once you ok it will enter the last safe settings in the uefi for you.
Now, if I do decide down the road to get a EKWB Predator 240, then I'll try the 4.7, but I'll be happy with the 4.6 overclock.
Heres a video on the 5-way optimization.

This will probably be a January upgrade for me. Shopping Cart – EK Webshop There's a shop one town away from me that sells them, too.
I didn't get it earlier, because the first version of it had leaking issues.
That's apparently been fixed and they also added quick disconnects to it, too in the updated 1.1 version.

Last edited:
It could be a November, upgrade, too.
The newer webcam can wait. It's not a high-priority upgrade.
Shoot, I haven't even thought about this one in a while. I think in September, when I buy Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam. I think I'll finally get around to getting a new ink kit for My Epson Artisan.
It's been over a year since I've even used it for anything

I'm glad I mention my Epson Artisan 710. I looked at my OneDrive folder for it and everything was empty in each folder. Redownloaded it and reuploded it to OneDrive.

I just found a pretty good list of games that support my new monitors 2560x1080 resolution. So far only 4 aren't on it. One of them I kow for sure doesn't, RBI Baseball 2015. 3 aren't on the list. One of them I know does, WWE 2K16.
One kind of doesn't make sense to me, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, as the Amazing Spider-Man is on the list.
I can't remember if I temporarily installed it, to check a week ago. I think I did and it did. The games had issues for a while freezing, though.
That leaves me just to find out if WWE 2K15 does. Probably does, but was first WWE pc game, since WWE: Wrestle Mania The Arcade Game in the Windows 3.1/95 era.

Due to Steam's 4th of July sale, I may get Rise of the Tomb Raider Deluxe Edition this Friday. I'll still be able to put money towards my RX 480 8GB, too.
It would be dumb for me to wait and then pay more for the game.The Deluxe Edition includes the Season Pass, so I get all the DLC for the game.

I can't wait to see all my games on the new pc, monitor and RX 480 8GB video card.
Newegg didn't ship it on Monday. They'll probably ship it today, as today is the last day they have.

Back