Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Ah, I can't possibly get mine any cleaner. My room's too small and way too cluttered.
I'll gain maybe 2 feet of room once I sell my old pc, as I have every part box for it in a stack of Newegg boxes it all came in.
All the new pc boxes are under my bed, except for the cases box. That's against the wall to the right of my pc.
I think I'm doing o.k. with the small space considering my dog share's the room with me.
He likes laying around the rest of the house, as the a.c., ever since my landlord had it redone, doesn't cool my room as good anymore.
It used to be the coldest room.
Yours looks good bassfisher6522.
Down the road I may need a wider desk. I really want another of the LG monitors I have.

I saw a neat video awhile back on one of the YouTube channels I subscribe to where the guy had his pc in the garage. His garage was made into a pc room and in the video he was in the process of wiring basically the whole pc area with led strips. It looked really good.
It brought back memories of when I was younger and used to hook Christmas lights up to my drumset.

go over all fan blades with alcohol pads.
hmm... I might try that with something similar. Normally I use furniture polish sprayed onto a rag but am always interested in hearing others techniques.

kemical. The alcohol pads I use are real handy on fan blades. They're cheap, too. I think it's like $2.** for a box of 100.

By using the alcohol pads you cut out the need for cotton balls, which cut's the price down a bit, as you only need the pads.

I also use wipes on my monitor and case side panel that is safe for pc monitors and hdtv's. I think they're around $6.** or $7.** for 100.
For my case and the back of my monitor I use wipes that are like the furniture polish wipes they sell as far as container size. The one I use has bleach in it. Good for keyboards and mice, too.

I use generic brands on all that bleach wipes, so the name varies by store. They are like $1.**-3.**.
If there's some sort of dollar store in your area, get the mthere.
Speaking of the dollar stores, it crack's me up how every store sells powdered coffee/tea creamer for $2.29. I get fat-free dairy creamer for $1.00 and it's the same size container, the other places charge $2.29 for.
That's one thing I learned from my father while he was alive, how to shop and how to fix things.
I'm glad I got the shopping from him, as I know what I want if I go in a store. I get it, pay for it and leave. No binge shopping. I only look around if I don't know where something is or if I'm comparing prices. hen I do that, I make sure I only have maybe $1.00-3.00 on me. Keeps from buying anything, except maybe a soda, juice, etc.

Thanks for the heads up and yes i know where to get them. I'll give em a try and see if they make a difference.

I can't really get any good pictures of everything. My webcams usb cable isn't long enough and my regular cellphone won't transfer any pictures to my pc. I tried the cellphone a few months ago and it doesn't work with Windows. It's one of the free government pre-paid phones for people on Social Security. I can't even call 411 with it. If Itry 411 it states I don't have enough minutes, when I do.
I new smartphone is on the back burner, as my pc parts come first.

Here's my spot which originally was a closet by the side of the bed. I soon realised the area was just large enough for a desk and PC. If you didn't know it was there you'd walk straight past it.
my spot.jpg my closet.jpg system.jpg interior.jpg interior 2.jpg my baby.jpg
PC still needs some fancy bits like a sleeved cable kit. Eventually will be switching to a AIO cooler and some overclocking but not for a good while yet. Machine is still a beast:
i7 4790K @ Stock 4.4GHz
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
16 GB 2400MHz DDR3
500GB SSD Samsung 850
250GB SSD Samsung 840
Nvidia 980Ti 6GB
Seasonic 750W Modular PSU

LED fans have now been removed for silent Arctic cooling fans. 2 front in, 1 bottom. 2 in from my corsair h80i and 2 top venting out the warm air. Need to find where I can get replacement filters for my case. That or start chopping up the missus's tights to make them. ;-)

Excellent just what I need. Now I wonder positive or negative air pressure, thoughts gentlemen?

Back