Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Not getting it for the Wi-Fi. The regular Crosshair VII Hero is shy one usb port on the motherboard that I need.
The Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) has it.
I only use the RJ-45 Ethernet wired to my router.
The Gigabyte X470 is lacking back panel usb ports and the MSI X470 doesn't have as good of VRM's on it compared to Asus or Gigabyte,
derBauer actually delidded a 2600X and they're not actually 12mm. cpu's, they're 14mm. cpu's.
He mentioned he didn't want to waster his 2700X by delidding it.
He said they aren't really any improvements ove what AMD did by delissing them.
I just hope the ram prices drop by fall, when I go after the DDR4 for iy.
So far, that's more expensive than the cpu or motherboard.

They have decent gaming improvements now, too.
Theirs a few improvements on the X4** mobo's with the new cpu's, that you won't get with the X3** mobo's.
Mostly for storage, etc.
I just forget what they call it.
Plus most of the X470 boards have mosfets on the m.2. slots for keeping the ssd's alittle cooler now,

Me, too.
I'm talking about the usb ports that aren't the back panel ones, the ones with usb plug ins on the motherboard itself.
I need 4 usb plug ins on the motherboard itself.
My case itself has 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports and a sd card reader.
I have the sd card reader unhooked as my 3.5" card reader has more to it than just sd.
Then, I've got my keyboard and mouse (both usb), external hdd (USB 3.0), Webcam (usb), Xbox 360 gamepad (usb), racing wheel (usb), Epson AIO (usb) and magicJack (usb).
When I get around to getting newer headphones and a VR device, they'll be usb and maybe hdmi, too.
I'm forgetting the name of one of the ports needed for the VR stuff, but I know the X 370 & X470 mobo's have it on the back panel.

Last edited:
Me, too.
I'm talking about the usb ports that aren't the back panel ones, the ones with usb plug ins on the motherboard itself.
I need 4 usb plug ins on the motherboard itself.
My case itself has 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports and a sd card reader.
I have the sd card reader unhooked as my 3.5" card reader has more to it than just sd.
Then, I've got my keyboard and mouse (both usb), external hdd (USB 3.0), Webcam (usb), Xbox 360 gamepad (usb), racing wheel (usb), Epson AIO (usb) and magicJack (usb).
When I get around to getting newer headphones and a VR device, they'll be usb and maybe hdmi, too.
I'm forgetting the name of one of the ports needed for the VR stuff, but I know the X 370 & X470 mobo's have it on the back panel.
The hdmi on the x370 and 470 is for ryzen apu only.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Asus released a new Maximus VIII Hero UEFI 3802 tonight.
You'll only find it if you click on Windows 8.1 32bit or 64 bit.
U found out about through a post on the ROG Asus Forums and just installed it a few minutes ago.
Now onto another clean install sometime after Monday's Windows 10 April, 2018 Update.
I may not install it on this pc until next Friday, though.
Monday I'll install it on the old pc first and see how it is.

Windows 10's April 2018 Update went fine on both my pc's without any hitches.
I just had to use different ways of getting it on each pc.
On this one I used the Media Creation Tool to first make a dlashdrive of it and then I reopened the Media Creation Tool and did a direct upgrade with it.
On my old pc which had what was supposed to be the 1803 RTM on it, the Upgrade Assistant (Microsoft never updated it, so didn't try it) and the Media Creation Tool, which was updated at 1:00 P.M. today failed to upgrade it.
I ran Windows Update for heck of it and it got it on the 1st run.
This pc is all fully resetup.
The old pc I still need to tweak some.
I'll do that sometime throughout this week.

Just done a couple of benchmarks in the april update with 18.4.1

Timespy 4762
Firsestrike 13167

Slightly up again.

I didn't run 3DMark or PCMark 10 on my pc yet.
Maybe, I'll do it tonight.
Just so everyone know KB4103721 for Windows 10 1803 didn't fix the Chrome/Cortana/Start Menu bug.
I'd been avoiding using Chrome once I heard of the bug the night 1803 was released and the update today didn't fix it.

3DMark & PCMark 10 scores for my pc. All are down on Windows 10 1803.17134.48 except PCMark 10 Extended
3D Mark
Time Spy:: 4344 - down
Fire Strike: 11549 - down
Fire Strike Extreme: 5934 - down
PCMark 10
Standard: 6286 - down
Extended: 7676 - up

I'm back in Windows 10 Hate Mode.
I'm coming to realize really fast that Windows 10 1803 is extremely buggy and is nowhere near ready for Microsoft to be giving to anybody.
My pc was supposedly fine until early Friday morning,
Fine that is until I restarted it.
Then 4 hours of error NTFS Filee System.
What it boils down to is that Windows 10 1803 forgot where my m.2 ssd was that it's installed on.
It's not my ssd or any of my other hardware, it's the fact that Microsoft rolled out a buggy April 2018 Update to everybody, that they know if buggy.
Why'd their lame asses do this you ask ?
Because they changed the name from Spring Creators Update to April 2018 Update. Thus, they couldn't release a update they call April 2018 Update and then give it to us in May 2018 or June 2018 after they fix all it's known bugs, could they?
They'd look stupid.
They still look stupid giving everyone a so-called Feature Update that they knew was buggy.
They knew about the Google Chrome/Cortana/Freezeup bug and still released.
Then news starts rolling out that some Alienware pc/laptops, etc. and some Intel ssd's won't work with it.
Gee, Microsoft do my Samsung 850 EVO ssd's fall under that bug list, too.
I'm guessing on yes, as my drivers are up to date, my software is up to date and no malware is on my pc.
I know this through Bitdefender Total Security 2018, Malwarebyes Anti-Malware free, SUPERAntiSpyware Proffessional (real-time prot. off), your own Windows Defender,ADwcleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, Rkill and ZHPCleaner all came up clean just prior to the pc restart loop that kept coming up "NTFS File System" at every attempted pc startup for 4 hours.
Clean install of Windows 10 on this pc #8* something. So many clean installs, I've literally lost count. I know it's in the 80's by now.
Looking like 4+ days of re-installing and setting everything back up again.
Why so long you ask?
They even changed some stuff in 1803 on how you install some certain software. Right-clicking and clicking on "Run As Administrator" obviously doesn't always get the job done right in 1803

I'm not sure how it takes 4 days to reinstall windows and be back to a full working system. Takes about an hour all in. Install steam and origin point them at the libraries and I'm back up. No days of reloading games as they live nowhere near the system drive.

I'm not actually gonna use wi-fi. The Crosshair VII Hero without wi-fi doesn't have enough usb plug-in's that I need on the motherboard itself. It's shy 1 usb plugin taking away 2 ports that I need and use.
Why WiFi. Gaming on WiFi is awful

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm talking day's to have evrything re-installed and re-setup. My games alone are 3 days, as they're on 2 different ssd's and Windows winds up thinking they're on one.
I'm not sure how it takes 4 days to reinstall windows and be back to a full working system. Takes about an hour all in. Install steam and origin point them at the libraries and I'm back up. No days of reloading games as they live nowhere near the system drive.

Yes it's really quick. Rest of the time is my post install script installing everything else. Games never move os no redownloading, just need to point steam and origin at at them and I'm good to go in under an hour.

I'll tell you from now doing a clean install of Windows 10 1803, the o.s. is seriously dumbed down and has so many issues in it, it shouldn't have been rolled out to anybody.
NOW ON EVERY PC STARTUP OR RESTART WE NEED TO HEAD TO SETTINGS>PRIVACY>BACKGROUND APPS AND RETURN EVERYTHING OFF YET AGAIN, BECAUSE WINDOWS 10 IS NOW TO DUMB TO REMEMBER ALL OUR SETTINGS.
Capture is after restart of pc after I turned all Background Apps off.
Capture1 is after I returned them all off yet again.
Next and every restart or pc startup we have to do it yet again.
DUMB MICROSOFT
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
!

Back