Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Some of these issues don't appear until you do a clean install.
Gee, Microsoft, I thought clean installs were done by us to resolve a issue, not add more issues.

I also cut back some stuff with every clean install, too.
Truly though Windows 10 1803 isn't ready yet at all & shouldn't have been released quite yet.

Games are all finally installed and setup again.
Now in Windows 1803 all of a sudden 3 more games won't work.
I also just noticed that Settings > Privacy > Background Apps is no longer scrolling up or down with either the mouse scroll wheel or clicking on the up or down arrows on the right.
Now it's on to the rest of my software and browser extensions.
More important things to do, so the pc can wait.

Weird, but now it's back to scrolling again.
It still doesn't remember my settings and I still have to reset it at every startup.
Software's done.
Just have browser extensions and Firefox about:config tweaks left.
Taking a break, so I'll probably due that tonight.

Everything's done except for Firefox about:config tweaks and Opera putting all my favorite sites I frequent daily on Opera's start page.
I noticed another obvious bug in Windows 10 1803.
Even though when I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2018, updated it, restarted pc, configured it, turned Auto Pilot on and restarted my pc again for the settings to stick.
Now, all of a sudden after this clean install of Windows 10 1803, Auto Pilot in Bitdefender is off at every restart/startup and I have to re-turn it on.
Same issue as Windows 10 not remembering my settings for which app's I do and don't want always running in the background.
Top all these Windows 10 1803 bugs with the newest Spectre variant bugs on all cpu's.

I clean installed and have non of these issues. As for bitdefender it's an AV and they're always messed up after new builds of windows. Just use defender. Why multiple browsers, I also only install one of those and run minimal extensions

Bitdefender blows Defender out of the water protection wise, especially in various AV tests done on both repeatedly.Bitdefender's had ransomeware protection since 2015 for starters and theirs has matured and is easier to configure & use than Defender's is. Defender just got ransomewhere protection in 1709. Bitdender gives you a way to let games have access to save their needed settings in documents.
As far as browser's and why so many, I'll just use the rlease day for 1803's Microsoft known bug with Chrome/Cortana. etc. freezeups as a example why. IE's way behind the times and Edge (I try to like it, buy it still has issues, that Chrome/Firefox/Opera don't. #1 serious issue with it, that still persist's today. Try this one for yourself and you'll see hat I mean. Go to any site, download a picture, then re-download the same picture again and you'll see what I mean. Edge get's weird and your mouse gets weird. When the windows pop's up saying you already have the picture, with Yes or No for saving and replacing it, your mouse most of the time freezes up for a few seconds and/or becomes uncontrollable for a few seconds. What do other browsers do in this scenario ? They work flawlessly whether it's a download, picture, etc. Chrome and Opera just add a -1 or (1), etc. to it. Firefox brings up the same as Edge or IE does, but no weirdness in performance happens what-so-ever, you just click on either yes or no.
I clean installed and have non of these issues. As for bitdefender it's an AV and they're always messed up after new builds of windows. Just use defender. Why multiple browsers, I also only install one of those and run minimal extensions

My drawback with web browsing I'll admit. I download a ton of pictures.
Also IE & Edge lack a NoCoin extension to block mining.

I've yet to come aross any site that attempts to mine. I use defender and malwarebytes. Best protection agianst viri though is safe browsing habits.

benchmarks after Windows 10 update & new AMD Adrenalin 18.5.1 drivers were installed today.
3DMark
Time Spy : 4360 up
Fire Strike: 11741 up
Fire Strike Extreme: 6037 up
PCMark 10: 6380 up
PCMark 10 Extended: 7122 up

Windows 10 is now version 1803.17134.81
Supposedly today's update was for the SSD bug.

Uninstall & re-install of Bitdefnder fixed it.
The Settings > Privacy " Background Apps bug is still present.
Both my old pc (AMD FX8350 & 990FX MOBO) and this pc have the same bug on them.
Both were clean installs of 1803 now, too.

Anyone have any idea why Device Manager is listing so many Ethhernet Adaptors on my PC now in 1803 ?
I only have the Intel Ethernet Adaptor on my MOBO.
See screenshot below. They're all circled.
EthAdaptors.PNG

they are the software parts and that is how Windows shows them now days
Screenshot (913).png

for example this is my laptop which has the one network card built in;
wifi at the top then phy card and last is all the ports | interface and software types so if I disable IPv6 for some reason that wouldn't show on the list but the other parts of the network card still would

Thanks ussnorway. I have a feeling those 2 AnchorFree TAP one's are from my Bitdefender Total Security 2018's VPN.
I guess when I uninstalled Bitdefender, restarted my pc and the ran the Bitdefender uninstall utility, it left the first VPN. Then when I reinstalled Bitdefender it must've added a 2nd one.
I'll know for sure in a minute when I start it up and connect with it, as task manager shows 3 Ethernet Adaptors in it.
I'll see which one doesn't show any upload or download speeds and uninstall it in Device Manager and restart my pc.

That was it. Uninstalled it in Device Manager, but I had to uninstall Bitdefender VPN & Bitdefender Total Security 2018 and restart my pc. Then I went in Safe Mode, used Search Everything and deleted all Bitdefender stuff, except my saved download of it, cleaned it out of the registry and then to be safe ran it's uninstall tool and restarted my pc.
Reinstalled Bitdefender, updated it and restarted my pc twice.
I'm running my dail full scan with it now and I tested the Bitdefender VPN while I'm posting here to make sure it was working again.
Everything Bitdefender wise is back to normal.
Now, over the weekend I have to re-run all my games. so I can re-enable the ones that need to write stuff to my Documents folder do so in Bitdefender's ransomeware protection again.
As far as any remaining 1803 bugs go, I guess time will tell after yesterday's Windows 10 update.
Now, shower time and then to the doctor's.
Hopefully I miss the supposed thunderstorm on my bike.
Don't really feel like doing the bus and taking 3 hour's instead of 1 hour.
This doctor is close by. Only 20 minutes tops for on my bike each.

Obviously the AnchorFree TAP is part of Bitdefender's VPN. I have the unlimited version of it.
Actually the few times I've used it, it's pretty good.
I've ranged anywhere for 3*mbps-5*maps download speeds and 5*maps upload speeds on Speedtest.net with it.
Without it I get 100-13*maps download and 10.*-11.*maps uploads.
Now, I know though, if I ever have to uninstall and re-install Bitdefender for any reason, uninstall the VPN first.
Bitdefender support told me try uninstalling and re-installing Bitdefender the other day, to see if it fixed the AutoPiloot issue. It did.
So far the only bug is Windows 10 1803's Privacy>Background Apps not remembering what you don't want always running in the background after you configure it and shutdown or restart your pc.
It's back to not wanting to scroll again, too.
Theirs more than what the screenshot shows.
BackgroundApps.PNG

It doesn't if you turn certain one's off, they're all back on at the next startup no matter what.
Curious to see if Microsoft reads the feedback I posted about it in the Feedback Hub.

Back