Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

You kind of get sick of wasting your time messing with it.
That's what it is right now, a waste of time.
It's the same on both my pc's, but only started happening after clean installs on both.
On the old pc it didn't bother me that much, as I hardly use it and really don't have anything on it.
On this pc, it bugs me, big time, as I use it non-stop literally, except for when I sleep.
My tv's basically just noise, while I use this pc. If something on it interests me, I may pay attention to it for a minute or two, but not that long.

nmsuk: My pc name ?
Gonna have to figure out what I'm gonna name it after the Ryzen upgrade, as my old pc is gonna become Maximus then, as this MOBO, cou and ram are going in it.
Maybe I'll name the Ryzen build my old drumming nickname from high school.
Animal.

I guess I'm gonna have to start reading up on that new StoreMI stuff for the Ryzen 2*** Vou's and X470 motherboards soon.
Still unsure if it'd be any better than what I use now.
With the way I use GameSave Manager's Steam Spreader to move the older games to SSD 2, Samsung Magician's Rapid Mode on SSD 1 and Asus's RAMCache (which speeds all ssd's & hdd up).
Unsure if that new stuff would be any better.

Here's a example of myy dad's and hdd speeds now.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Finally, I got the background apps issue fixed to how I want them.
I guess, I'll tinker with it on my old pc later on today.

I watched a old video and retweak some privacy settings for various stuff.
Now my pc feels like my pc again, not Microsoft's.
Let me see I can find the video on YouTube and add the link for it.
Found it, be forewarned one of the registry tweaks in the video the key isn't present in 1803. The rest is pretty much the same.
Video link:

turning off all 3rd party services is not something I'd do and the windows ui part is just silly but the other steps are ok

Also you can't defragment a sad. All the optimize does is run trim.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Problem with guides like that is when you later on get issues, they're a pain to diagnose as you'll have forgot half of the modifications done to windows.

All I did was turn off stuff in settings, the other areas I had my own tweaks that I do.
The settings stuff in the video basically solved the Background Apps all being On at every single startup.
For example I've got both my pc's set to not reserve 20% of my bandwidthe, temp files only stay for 1 day, Menu Show Delay is set to 1 and Mouse Hover Time is 1.
I only really watched the video up until where it talked about the registry stuff.
I clean my ssd's and hdd's over 4 times daily, so no point listening to maintenance stuff on video for me.
I already know that I go overboard on maintenance.
The video did solve the Background Apps issue, though.

Had a curve ball thrown at me yesterday morning.
My monitors 5-way on/off/etc. button popeed out of place, so now it's unusable.
Look's like my newer monitor is gonna be sooner than planned.
However, I'm still getting my Ryzen stuff first.
CPU's being ordered on Friday.
I'm pretty sure my monitor is off of warranty now.
IOI'll double-check with LG later on today.
Have a doctor's appointment and some errands to run this morning first.
Then I need to mop the house first
Bye then it will be tomorrow afternoon.

Actually, I just checked LG's site and sure enough my warranty expired last June.
Looks like when I do buy a new monitor, it won't be a LG one.
Only a 1 year warranty.

Only one year in the US. I know my monitor also a LG has a 3 year warranty, though we have decent consumer laws over here.

Yeah, and the worst part is it's only that small toggle button that worked loose in the bottom where it's at and doesn't do anything now.
It started acting up Sunday afternoon and then yesterday, it stopped doing anything at all.
Just for that buttons design and that it does everything to boot, I'll skip LG next time.
It works and my pc stays on 24/7, so the monitor can now, too.
I still have my old pc's View Sonic monitor if this one stops working all together, so it doesn't beat out the cpu, MOBO. and ram upgrades.
Funny now Newegg has a bunch of monitor's on post Memorial Day sale.
The 2700X get's ordered Friday morning still.
August or September is still the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi_Fi) and October-December will be the G-Skill Sniper X DDR4 3400 ram, Windows 10 Pro key and the EKWB AM4 bracket kit for my Predator XLC 240 1.1.
Then most likely I'll do the newer Video card and then the 4K monitor that can use it.

As far as on the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi). I already found out to put my m.2 SSD in the lower m.2. slot and not the top one.
Top uses PCIe lanes and bottom uses the chipset.
I'm just gonna get a m.2 heat-sink from EKWB when I order the AM4 bracket kit for my Predator.
Maybe down the road I may get 4 of their new Vardar RGB fans to match my other led case fans.

Back