Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

You want the top one, it's full speed when the chipset isn't. The M.2 on the chipset is shared with SSD ports. Top one is straight to the CPU.

Considering my m.2 SSD is only a 850 EVO and not one of the newer (50/960 one's, the bottom should be fine.
Besides using the top make's it like your using SLI or Crossfire and your video card runs at x8, instead of x16 speed.
Considering I'll be using Samsung Magicin's RapidMode and Asus's RamCache like I am now, the speed's will be like the screen shots of it on the previous page.,

Not true, cpu has 24 lanes 16x are for GPU, 4 are for M.2 and the other 4 link to the chipset. So top will always be better

I'm going by the various reviews I saw. derBauer recommends use the lower m.2 slot, as the top one decreases the video card's speed tp x8.
Hard not to believe him, as he's one of the best known over-clocker's going today.

JayzTwoCents is tops for watercooling stuff.
He did some testing with the 2700X and found something.
He used G-Skill Sniper X with the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-FI) and 2700X cpu.
Not necessary to overclock the 2700X further than 4.2-4.3GHz. Just stop their and set the ram toDOCP1, Docp2 and you score really high in Cinebench
He also overclocked the ram to DDR4 3600 and the scores increased a bit.
Side Note: With the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi), it looks like I'll be able to put my EK-XLC Predator 240 1.1's add-on fan kit for push/pull.
It looks according to pictures that the mobo doesn't have as much plastic covering on the top like my Maximus VIII Hero does.
I guess I'll find out when I do it.
I have planned to fully pull the Predator out of the case just before removing the Maximus VIII Hero and putting in the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi).
I may drain, flush & refill it then, too.

I'm going by the various reviews I saw. derBauer recommends use the lower m.2 slot, as the top one decreases the video card's speed tp x8.
Hard not to believe him, as he's one of the best known over-clocker's going today.
I'm using the top m.2 is at pcie 3x4. My GPU is @16x so I'm afraid he is wrong. He is a great overclocker though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That could also be something that was changed in the various X470 mobo's.
I forget who did the video, but he always does videos of vrm take apart & testing.
Apparently the Crosshair VII Hero & Hero (Wi-Fi) have better (more powerful) vrm's than Gigabyte, MSI and Asrock have on their X470 mobo's.
The one thing I'm waiting to find out on if it was fixed in the X470 mobo's is the ram speeds when you have a ll 4 ram slot's in use.
I haven't seen anyone touch on that, yet out of any reviews done.
For instance if I fill all 4 slots with the Sniper X DDR4 3400 ram, will they run at the 3400 speed or only at 3200 speed ?
Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, either that or 3200.
New AMD Adrenalin 18.5.2 drivers released today.
#DMark scores:
Time Spy - 4365 - up
Fire Strike - 11752 - yp
Fire Strike Extreme -6011 -down
PCMark 10 scores:
PCMark 10 - 6389 -up
PCMark 10 Extended - 7104 -down

Apparently from a article Tom's Hardware posted on the new driver's, they were supposed to be for a new Oculus Rift & Steam VR game.
The game is on hold for now.
They're now just bug fix drivers apparently.
Article link : AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2
Now onto waiting a hour or so to order the 2700X.
After I do that I need to look up some medical conditions I never knew that I have.
Apparently I have 28 different medical conditions.
Probably 22-25 of them are linked to my diabetes.

Unexpected expense this morning for Sebastian.
He'd been shaking his head and scratching at his left ear since Tuesday.
I took him to the veterinarian this morning to get it checked out.
Apparently he has a serious left ear infection.
I figured the medicine for it and the visit would be $50.00, boy was I surprised.
$129.70 for the visit, the 2 medicines for the infection and one of his flea/tick/heartqorm prevention pills.
That's o.k., though.
He's already starting to act like his normal self again.

Ryzen has arrived.
The 2700X cpu has, at least.
Now onto the MOBO next.
WIN_20180605_11_28_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180605_11_29_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20180605_11_30_17_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom