Windows 10 Need some help

amiee1964

UPDATE: on the laptop after spending all yesterday and half the night I ended up taking the computer in to have them look it over. Thank you for all the help.

I am having problems with the latest update for windows 10, there was a update last night, when I went to open my computer it did not load. I tried doing 2 restore at different points and it would not take. So I decided to do a full reinstall of windows 10. Well at the bottom where it says resetting this pc its been on 4% for 3 hours already. Is there anything I should do or just let it go and keep a eye on it.

Last edited:
Could be many things, but first suspect is a bad HD. Could you give some details of your machine - make, hard disk, ram etc`?

You should let it do its thing. Depending on your computer specifications and age, this can take a lot of time. Did you choose to keep programs and data?
Anyway, you should be very patient and especially do not force stoping the process.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

I think, in this case, patience would need to be outstanding. By present progress, it is going to take +/- 60 hours to install. - There has to be something wrong, and it does, imho, point to hardware.

But to clarify, aimee, it was your computer that did not load, not the update?
From where, if the former, did you snatch the restores?

I think, in this case, patience would need to be outstanding. By present progress, it is going to take +/- 60 hours to install. - There has to be something wrong, and it does, imho, point to hardware.

But to clarify, aimee, it was your computer that did not load, not the update?
From where, if the former, did you snatch the restores?
A few days before I revived an HP laptop from 2011 with a mechanical hdd and just 4gb of memory and it took about 24 hours to finish all the updates that where not let to finish properly, each at its time, because not all people have enough knowledge and patience. It all depends on the hardware.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back