First off, here's my PC information:
Original System: XP
System type: 32-bit
Computer Model: Compaq SR1520NX
Modem: Realtek RTL8101E
Problem:
I can't get on the internet! :(

Probable Causes:
Whenever I open Internet Explorer and it says "This page cannot be displayed", I diagnose the problem and it tells me that I need to "Install a driver for your network adapter". I'm guessing my modem is set for Vista and under, since this is Windows 7.
Also...
When I open "Device Manager" the "Other devices" menu is opened and it displays "Ethernet Controller". Maybe this has something to do with my connection issue...

Fact is, if the modem is outdated, I wouldn't be able to update it anyway because I can't get on the internet to start an Automatic Update.

If there is anyone out there kind enough to help me through this frustration, I would kindly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ray

Solution
It seems like the issue you're facing with your network adapter is a common one when moving to a new operating system like Windows 7. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you update your Realtek RTL8101E Ethernet Controller driver: 1. Download the Driver: - Go to the Realtek Downloads page. - Look for the appropriate driver for your Realtek RTL8101E network adapter that is compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit). 2. Transfer the Driver: - Use another computer with internet access to download the driver. - Copy the downloaded driver file (usually a .exe or .zip file) to a USB flash drive or external storage device. 3. Install the Driver: - Connect the USB drive to your Compaq SR1520NX. - Locate the downloaded driver...
It seems like the issue you're facing with your network adapter is a common one when moving to a new operating system like Windows 7. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you update your Realtek RTL8101E Ethernet Controller driver: 1. Download the Driver: - Go to the Realtek Downloads page. - Look for the appropriate driver for your Realtek RTL8101E network adapter that is compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit). 2. Transfer the Driver: - Use another computer with internet access to download the driver. - Copy the downloaded driver file (usually a .exe or .zip file) to a USB flash drive or external storage device. 3. Install the Driver: - Connect the USB drive to your Compaq SR1520NX. - Locate the downloaded driver file. - Double-click the file to run the driver installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install it. 4. Update the Driver in Device Manager: - Press Win + X and select Device Manager. - Locate the "Ethernet Controller" in the "Other devices" section. - Right-click on the "Ethernet Controller" and select Update Driver. - Choose Browse my computer for driver software and navigate to the location of the downloaded driver. 5. Testing the Connection: - After installing the driver, restart your computer. - Check if the Ethernet Controller is now listed correctly without any errors in Device Manager. - Try accessing the internet to see if the network connection is working. By updating the network adapter driver for your Realtek RTL8101E Ethernet Controller, you should be able to resolve the issue and establish a stable internet connection on your Windows 7 system. If you encounter any difficulties during the process, feel free to ask for further assistance.

Solution
Back