Windows 7 New BSOD experience!

I do have a trusty HD3780 that appear to outlist everything I can try & use. Will re try the memtest using your suggestion when I can leave it on overnight to run & then try the 2nd card for a few days to see if all is working fine. Just I play some graphic intensive games & do a lot of texture rendering for work & my GPU never gives me problems or overheats in any way.

Ok, I left memtest running overnight & it didn't find a single error at all & it took 12 hours as I did a thorough test. Next step is switching out the GPU which I will do shortly once I've finished the last few bits of rendering for my project. Thought I would keep you upto scratch :D

Right. I have had my HD3870 GPU in my system & it appeared to run ok but I didn't really play games as the GPU wouldn't cope so for general use it was all ok.

So after putting back in my HD7850 & had a flash based game open it sorta crashed. Mouse cursor would not move but my keyboard, windows key worked so I managed to open Resource Monitor & it showed 100% of my ram was in use but no other data being shown or anything.

But before that, trying to install my GPU drivers from AMD site & during the install I got an error box during install. Application install: install source package not found. I tried this 4x & still the same error & googling this problem one or two suggestions game up about underpowered system.

I have the following
FX-8350 CPU
M5A97 RC2.0 Motherboard
4x 2GB DDR3 memory
HD7850 GPU
2x Sata HDD's
1x SSD
2x Sata DVD RW

One thing I never thought to upgrade was the PSU. the one I have is a BQT L7-530W. Is this PSU underpowered for what I need which is causing the instability problems?

You should be ok with that PSU really. It's a decent make and a HD7850 requires a PSU of around 500W. Looking at your specs above I see your running with 4xRAM sticks. Now with AMD CPU's some do not like all the slots filled as they have weak memory controllers onchip. Try removing two sticks and seeing how the system runs then.

Ok, right.. this might be a bit off but I uninstalled a few things & re installed them in case it was a bad install. I had noticed everything started to work normally, no lockups, no mass memory leaks & my desktop gadgets load up every time. Then I noticed I failed to install Avast Anti-virus. I have since installed AVG for a change & still my system is working much more reliably & fresher. Could this be a error from Avast?

Only thing that is still an issue is when I install AMD drivers for my HD7850 GPU. I get application install: install source package not found mid way through the install. I click ok & it finishes itself off & all seems normal & the bit that fails is for SteadyVideo as the report comes up with error next to it. Other than that, so far so good.

I did follow the steps in #2 as you stated but only to run scans & so forth & then I reinstalled. Obviously I didn't use my system long enough without Avast to notice. But ya thanks for all the help :redface:

Back
Top Bottom