Windows 10 New build, big improvement!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I just got through setting everything up in build 9926.
Most of the problems I had with the previous build have been fixed.

My keyboard lights work, but the Caps Lock key doesn't work exactly as it should.
The Caps Lock key does turn on Caps Lock, but it won't turn it off again.

To turn it off you have to hit the Shift key, as long as I know that this is the way it works it's not a big deal, but it had my worried at first, I thought that I had turned on Caps Lock with no way to turn it off.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else is seeing this?

My printer which wouldn't work in the last version, (it kept turning off Print Spooler) seems to be fine now.
I turned on my printer and it came online and printed a test page without having to do anything else.

I seem to be having some issue with my Microsoft Web Cam, it's working now but it didn't seem to be recognised in the USB Port that it has always been connected to.
Even after unplugging it and plugging it back in several times it wouldn't come online.

I have it plugged into one of my front ports now and it's working.
Later I'll see if I can get it plugged into one of the rear ones and get it to work.

My sound issues seem to be fixed for now, I don't know if it will stay that way or update the drivers causing it to quit working again. Time will tell, but at least I know how to get it working again.

Now with everything working and the drive all defragmented, it's time to make my System Image file before anything goes wrong.

Cortana seems to be working but I can't quite get it to work as well as it did in the video that Microsoft released. I asked her it she was serious, and she said, "The universe may be infinite but my answers are not" and "I guess the answer is yes, in at least one parallel universe".

But when I asked what the weather was like in Ada Michigan she gave me the report for Detroit, which is hundreds of miles away. LOL

All my games are running fine and I've opened pretty much all of my software with no issues.

Mike.

No problem with the caps lock, Mike, on four different model computers - one with a cordless keyboard.

Np USB Camera, but the built in ones on the laptops are fine. Maybe a usb3/usb2 problem?
Otherwise, sounds like you have got there! I am also pleased and doing well with the new build.

I've got the Camera working from a rear USB Port now so the only things that's not quite right is THE CAPS LOCKS KEY.
I just verified that it is in fact not turning caps lock off, but since the shift key does I can live with that.

Everything else seems to be fine.

Now I'm going to make my system image file.

Mike

@Mike,

It could just be a direct x glitch… press [windows key] + [r] and type “didiag” (without quotes) then press [enter]. On the last “input” tab is your keyboard… does the system detect it correctly i.e. by name or as just a device?

Regarding you Capslock problem. Just thinking. I can read you are a games player. Has the key possibly been reassigned for another purpose - just a wild thought. Another wild thought - Ease of access - Make the keyboard easier to use?? Perhaps a wrong setting in there.

Hi

The keyboard is shown correctly both in DXdiag and in the control panel.
I don't see anything that has changed key settings in the keyboard software, and I don't reconfigure the keys for gaming, I just set the key actions in the games.

I can live with this, it's a lot better than not having the lights work.
I'm already getting used to hitting the caps lock key to turn caps on and the shift key to turn it off.

In the previous build I had turned off fast startup, now I'm going to try turning it back on, but I don't remember where I did that?
I've been looking for Fast Startup, for about 10 minutes and can't find it again.

Mike

Well I did finally find it, and it's turned on.
It doesn't seem like it's as quick as it was before but everything is working.

For what it's worth it in Control Panel / Power Options / Choose what the power button does. / Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Mike

I us dells, mostly. Fast startup is in the BIOS for those

fwiw. My "Change settings" are as normal

Back
Top Bottom