Windows 7 new dell studio laptop windows 7 problem

manderz87

i got a new laptop for my bday and i dont have a wireless router yet so i just plugged in the original internet line which is an ethernet cable from a router.. and it says its connected but i cannot find a browser button ( internet explorer) anywhere! its not on the desktop, not on the start menu and i search and it doesnt come up with anything.. can anyone please help me?:confused:

When you click the start button and type iexplore, what is at the top of the search list

i havent tried that but i have tried "internet explorer" and "ie" and got nothing... im not on it right now but if u have anything to help me i can write it down for when i get home.. it just confuses me because i dont know anything about windows 7...

yes first of all try that, and then take a look at the two attachments. C:\program files\Internet Explorer for 64 Bit Version if you happen to be running 64 bit Win7 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer if your running 32 bit Win 7. Hope this helps

I'm sorry, if your running 32 bit windows 7, it just C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe I have both since I have a 64bit installation. Hope I didn't confuse you.

yes first of all try that, and then take a look at the two attachments. C:\program files\Internet Explorer for 64 Bit Version if you happen to be running 64 bit Win7 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer if your running 32 bit Win 7. Hope this helps

thanks, this should deff help me out... my brother said it was a 64 bit.. once i get home i will try these suggestions. im just really excited and wanna get started.. and another question, does it automatically have wireless internet? or do i have to plug it up until i get a wireless router?

thanks, this should deff help me out... my brother said it was a 64 bit.. once i get home i will try these suggestions. im just really excited and wanna get started.. and another question, does it automatically have wireless internet? or do i have to plug it up until i get a wireless router?
While I hesitate to say anything is automatic with Win 7, if you go here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...egory=Networking&subcategory=Wireless Routers
and purchase something that is windows 7 compatible, it will hopefully be relatively problem free. No promises.

i got a new laptop for my bday and i dont have a wireless router yet so i just plugged in the original internet line which is an ethernet cable from a router.. and it says its connected but i cannot find a browser button ( internet explorer) anywhere! its not on the desktop, not on the start menu and i search and it doesnt come up with anything.. can anyone please help me?:confused:
OK, now I'm confused, see your quote above that I marked in red.

OK, now I'm confused, see your quote above that I marked in red.

sorry, what i meant was could i purchase one from my internet provider that would be compatable instead of off the website? right now i would be more than happy to just get online with the cable plugged in as long as it works..

Sorry, not familar with Northstate DSL, if you call and ask them they will probably be able to tell you if they have a router that would fit the bill. However, you might get a "Sorry we don't support Windows 7 at this time" so be prepared.

Sorry, not familar with Northstate DSL, if you call and ask them they will probably be able to tell you if they have a router that would fit the bill. However, you might get a "Sorry we don't support Windows 7 at this time" so be prepared.

ok thanks..

Back
Top Bottom