Windows 10 New KB3081438, no support info..

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Anyone know what this update was about. The support info page seems to not be functional for this one. It was for 3081436.

OK, I'll keep checking but it appears they still have update issues. My system just had dots running across the top of the Upgrade window. It turns out it needed a restart, I assume from the 12th, but I never got any notification.

I am getting ready to roll this system back. It is not that Windows 10 is causing problems, but I don't want to use this system for a year and then find out I have to pay some fee to upgrade. If Microsoft would come out and commit to the process, whatever that will be, for the next 3 years I would stay with 10.

If you are talking about KB3081438, I just got it. It seemed to install ok and it did ask me to restart my computer.

No, Sonny, it was the updates on Tuesday which had not finished installing. I could not get the newest updates until I restarted.

They were having problems previously with not informing of a needed restart after video driver updates. Seems they don't yet have it worked out.

Ok, just curious cause I seen you mention KB3081436 and that is one update I don't have.

oops I do have it. Sorry

They did replace many files in 3081436, I suppose that was where the security problem was.

It isn't very often, after the release of a new OS that many of it system files need to be replaced, twice.

Thanks Sonny, but I bet that update fixes more than just the Store.. I never had a problem with it. Still strange why something like that would work on some systems but have problems on another.

It looks like we are ALL now in the Insiders program ... the testing goes on... ;)

I don't understand either why it works on some systems and not others. When it comes to the store I have never had a problem before or after the update.

Back
Top Bottom