Windows 7 New keyboard gives a BSOD on pressing a key

Sorry Emin I didn't see your edit from Tuesday.

Hmm.. your options are getting smaller. Personally I'd have re-installed ages ago but then again I keep a lot of stuff backed up so for me it's relatively simple. I'm trying to think of a way you could try and remove these drivers.... Check and see if there is still an Evolve folder in the Program files (x86) if there is, see if you can find the relevant drivers (outlined in the task manager above) and rename them to something like Evokbfilter.old. Regardless of what the driver is called just rename it so it has .old at the end.
I'd create a system repair point first as well as making a backup of the files your going to change (just make a copy of each driver in say your documents folder) just in case it doesn't work and you need to go back.

I'm sorry, I've been kind of busy the past two weeks.
The drivers can be located at "C:\Windows\system32\drivers". Earlier I tried disabling those driver services which rendered my mouse and keyboard unusable. I tried recreating my 'infcache' (but I didn't delete all the greyed out USBs, there were too many) but it didn't seem to work either. I could try that again though.

In short: I've uninstalled Evolve completely yet the drivers remain in the system32/drivers folder. Tried rebuilding infcache, tried your SP1 update and then installed all the windows updates. I could try renaming it although it's still in use as reported by the task manager. Tips?

Try different USB ports as some are different. In fact if you still have the old keyboard you could pop that back on and then remove those evolve drivers. If you try the USB keyboard again try a different USB port than the one it was originally in.
If you don't have your old k'board then make copies of the evolve drivers and then try and break them by renaming so that '.old' is at the end. If it doesn't work you can always pop the copies back in their place although you might have to boot into safe mode to do so.

Sorry for the late reply once again, been kind of busy.
I've tried different USB ports.
Yes, I still have my old keyboard which is a PS/2 keyboard and I'm still using it at this very moment.
I could try renaming the drivers, I just hope it doesn't render my keyboard useless as the last time I disabled it's service, my keyboard didn't work. I'll let you know about it.

Just remember to create a restore point and/or back up the original files.

Back