Windows 7 New laptop, 5 BSODs in 1 week

Hi,

Last saturday I bought a new laptop, an ASUS N751JK.
In those few days I have had 5 BSODs. I think it has something to with the Nvidia driver but I'm not sure.
I hope somebody here can help me, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 8.rar
    803.6 KB · Views: 236
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffff8a004bffa58, 2, 1, fffff80003104dc1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28x.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28x.sys
Probably caused by : netr28x.sys ( netr28x+4b8f5 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different Bugchecks although almost all apart from one mention the above driver as the probable cause..

netr28x.sys Tue Feb 10 12:49:16 2015: Ralink RT2860 series Wireless LAN Card

Normally laptop drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and checking your system support page I can find no Windows 7 drivers only Windows 8.1 and windows 10.
Even so try un-installing the above driver and replacing it with the one found on the support page here:
N751JK - Support
(The Ralink driver is under Wireless)

Hello,

The driver from the above link didn't work. Instead I searched for another one, specifically for Windows 7.
Is there a way to see if this worked?

If you don't bsod then consider it a success. If you do bsod send in the dumps and we'll have a look see. Sometimes it can be a driver tripping a driver but see how you go..

I installed a driver from this link, now everytime I restart my computer the internet connection is lost. Not one internet connection is found.
I have to reinstall the driver everytime.
The link from above didn't work at all, it was like it wasn't even installed.
Is there another place where I can find a good driver?

And thank you for the help!

To be honest I had a feeling you would be back. The trouble we have is that laptop drivers are almost exclusively supplied by the manufacturer of the laptop. Graphics are the only exception and I would try downloading the 8.1 version from the support page I linked to but install it under compatibility mode for windows 7

Yesterday I had another BSOD, this time it was the INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT.

Attachments

• bsod 14-8.rar
    758.8 KB · Views: 223
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 5, {fffffa8009a19040, fffffa800c720060, 0, 1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28x.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28x.sys
Probably caused by : netr28x.sys ( netr28x+4b8b7 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
looks like the Ralink driver you have installed isn't happy. It looks similar to driver outlined above?
netr28x.sys Tue Feb 10 12:49:16 2015
Did you try the downloads i suggested from the support site? You will need to download them first and then uninstall the drivers before installing the older version.
N751JK - Support
I also have a hunch that the Nvidia streaming service has been trying access the network which ultimately is causing the bsod. You need to open Services and disable the Nvidia streaming service (this also gives a boost to fps so it's worth doing). This article might help:
Disabling NVIDIA Streamer Service Gives Video Card Performance Boost? - Legit Reviews

You will also find that when installing Nvidia drivers use the custom method and stop the Geforce experience being installed. This will also stop the streaming service being installed too.

Back