Windows 7 New laptop won't connect to internet

mamasidibe

Hi,

I bought a new HP DV6 1330-SA laptop and received it today. I have been trying to connect it to my home network and share its internet connection. It says I am connected but with limited access. When I diagnose the problem I get the message "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding". I went on the PC that origionally set up the network and tried to access my laptop. It can be found but it won't let me open it. I've checked all the security settings and eveything is entered correctly. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Hi,

I have received my new HP laptop. I have been trying to connect it to my network for the past few hours. It will connect to my network but with limited connectivity and no internet connection.
"Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding" is the message that comes up from the diagnostics. I tried to access my new laptop from the pc that created the network but it would not open.

Has anyone got any ideas of what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Threads merged to save confusion. Please do not double post.
Thankyou.

Back