Windows 10 New Malwarebytes, improved.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

There is a new version of Malwarebytes that it a big improvement over the old version.
The thing that I really appreciate it that it's much, much faster scanning then the old version.
I'd guess 4 times as fast.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protects You When Antivirus Can't - Protect Your PC Now

I've used the Premium version for a number of years and seem to be locked into the old price which let you use it on 3 computers for 49.95 per year, a good deal for me because I have 3 computers to put it on.

I rely on it as my primary anti malware program along side Windows Defender (which Malwarebytes is designed to run with) and SuperAntiSpyware free addition.

It must work because I haven't had an infection in so long I can't remember the last time.

As you can see there is still a free version with limited real time activity.
I'd recommend the premium version, mine pops up regularly blocking things that I don't want before they get into my computer.

Mike

MikeHawthorne … thanks for the heads-up. had to do a bit more digging to find out what happened to their free version. ostensibly, the premium variant is installed with a 14-day free trial period … if the party chooses to not upgrade by end of trial, the free-version will activate as default … probably negated by a switch inside one of malwarebytes' *.dll files. thanks again, sport.

www.malwarebytes.com/premium … halfway down the page:
"Download Malwarebytes 3.0 for free and you get 14 days of full real-time protection. After the 14 days are up, Malwarebytes 3.0 reverts to a very limited but still free version that will only disinfect your computer after an attack. We recommend the full real-time protection of Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium to prevent infection in the first place."

edit:
mike … i have reconsidered the newest itinerant of malwarebytes and have decided to stick with the setup i have been using. that is to say … will continue using the 2.0~ version of anti-malware along with their comprehensive stand-alone consortium (mbai, mbar, etc). might revisit this option next spring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom