Windows 10 New NVidia drivers today and all of the drivers fail install

brkkab

Excellent Member
NVIDIA released new 368.39 drivers today It fails to install install on my Windows 10 Pro x64 pc, even after runiing Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode. Then I tried all past NVIDIA drivers going back to 364.72. Every driver fails to install.
I've tried this route over 10 times in 2 hours and decided I'm through with NVIDIA, as every driver for the past 6 months has been buggy at best.

My 2 GTX 760's are currently useless to me. I can't do anything. No games, no videos. NO NOTHING as they fail installation. Bye-Bye NVIDIA, soon.
Windows 10 keeps giving me stupid reminders to restart my pc over this, too. I've done that over 20 times now. Whats the point, they aren't working, because NVIDIA's drivers fail to install.

Hmm... Are you running anything else third party wise?

A graphics overclocking app or similar?

Lastly are there any error codes associated with the failed install?

**SOLVED** I finally got the new driver to install properly about half a hour ago. Glad I only have to mess with NVIDIA drivers one more time before this pc get's sold.
It was having a error on all of them, even when I tried right-clicking on them and running as administrator. I can't remember what it said, though.
I finally decided to try uninstalling Bitdefender Internet Security 2016, Bitdefender Anti Ransomeware and Lenovo REACHit (for Cortana) and the new driver installed.
First time Bitdefender has ever blocked a driver from installing.

Hi

I've gotten 3 drivers updates from Nvidia in the last week.
They must be having some kind of issue, they never come that close together.

Mike

One of the drivers had issues so they released a hotfix.

I haven't had an issue with any of them but i do use the DDU every time I update to a new driver. The only thing i've noticed is that some have been slower than other versions.

Back
Top Bottom