Windows 10 Newly built computer restarts/crashes randomly

I am downloading driver updates for:

Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

I am really really hoping it's the WiFi driver that's been causing all of this.
Sounds good! I did wonder about your network driver and hope the new drivers prove to be the solution..

Thank you so much for the offer but it's not something we do and besides we are just happy to help out.. :)

Y'all are too kind, thank you so much!! ❤

Sounds good! I did wonder about your network driver and hope the new drivers prove to be the solution..

It just restarted on me, hopefully the dump is in here! I will continue to label these .zips as #1, #2, #3, etc. if that helps!

Thank you for checking this out.

Note: I got all of the Driver updates done except Intel UHD Graphics 630 because it kept saying my operating system is not supported.

Attachments

• W7F_19-01-2020 (#4).zip
    381.3 KB · Views: 154
Still no minidump files. Could you go into your bios and grab pics of the each pages settings please. Being MSI if a usb is plugged you should beable to save screenshots directly from the bios to the flash drive.

Have you removed your pagefile otherwise known as virtual memory? (This would stop blue screen production.)

The other possibility is something else is making your system restart, can you post the make and wattage of your PSU please.

Try running this diagnostic for your chip:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Still no minidump files. Could you go into your bios and grab pics of the each pages settings please. Being MSI if a usb is plugged you should beable to save screenshots directly from the bios to the flash drive.

I will definitely work on that. I'll post here as soon as I can.

Have you removed your pagefile otherwise known as virtual memory? (This would stop blue screen production.)

The other possibility is something else is making your system restart, can you post the make and wattage of your PSU please.

Try running this diagnostic for your chip:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Running the tool now.

I am not understanding what you mean by removing pagefile, but I will Google it and see what you mean and let you know. I don't recall changing too many settings and 'pagefile' and 'virtual memory' don't ring a bell.

I'll reply soon with the Intel scan results.

My PSU is a Corsair CX750M, 750W.

Edit: The Processor Diagnostic Tool gave me a "PASS."

>>

--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.4.36
--- IPDT64 - Start Time: 1/19/2020 6:14:47 PM

----------------------------------------------
-- Testing
CPU 1 - Genuine Intel - Pass.
CPU 1 - BrandString - Pass.
CPU 1 - Cache - Pass.
CPU 1 - MMXSSE - Pass.
CPU 1 - IMC - Pass.
CPU 1 - Prime Number - Pass.
CPU 1 - Floating Point - Pass.
CPU 1 - Math - Pass.
CPU 1 - GPUStressW - Pass.
CPU 1 - CPULoad - Pass.
CPU 1 - CPUFreq - Pass.

IPDT64 Passed
--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.4.36
--- IPDT64 - End Time: 1/19/2020 6:18:35 PM

PASS

I am not understanding what you mean by removing pagefile, but I will Google it and see what you mean and let you know. I don't recall changing too many settings and 'pagefile' and 'virtual memory' don't ring a bell.
Ok thank you, some users remove their pagefile especially if they have an SSD but in this case you obviously haven't been near it.

PSU sounds fine.

Would you mind listing your build please or post a screenshot of speccy, thanks.

Ok thank you, some users remove their pagefile especially if they have an SSD but in this case you obviously haven't been near it.

PSU sounds fine.

Would you mind listing your build please or post a screenshot of speccy, thanks.

Sorry for the late reply! Work is a little busy.

Screenshots are finnicky at the moment, so I shall list the specs here, pulled from Speccy.

CPU:
Intel Core i5 9600K @ 3.70GHz

RAM:
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (????) I have 2x8GB Corsair @ 3200MHz

Motherboard:
MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC (MS-7B50)

Graphics:
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (?) It's an 8GB card, not a 4GB

HDD:
931GB Sabrent Rocket Q (Unknown (SSD))

Optical Drives:
No optical disk drives detected

Audio:
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

When I check HWiNFO64, it labels my RAM correctly as DDR4-3200 / PC4-25600 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM

It also has the correct model number listed for both #1 and #3 RAM slots, "CMK16GX4M2B3200C16"

I got the screenshot from HWiNFO64 attached here.

EDIT: Never mind, got the Speccy shot, too.

Thank you again for all of your time and effort!

Attachments

• HWiNFO64 shot.png
    HWiNFO64 shot.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Speccy shot.png
    Speccy shot.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 176
HWiNFO64 also shows this every time I move my mouse. Is it normal for them all to shoot up to 4300MHz like that simultaneously just by moving the mouse around?

Last edited:
Boy, my computer really hates Hunter: Call of the Wild.

I wonder if it is power related since this game is the most hardware-intensive game I have currently.

It has gone hours and hours without restarting, but then in the last 15 minutes it has rebooted three times while playing the game.

Edit: So I gave it about 4 more tries and the same thing keeps happening.

Last edited:
Check it out...

If I have RAM in my 2nd DIMM2 slot, (either stick of my two 8GB) the computer restarts when I play theHunter: Call of the Wild. When there is NOT a RAM stick in the 2nd DIMM2 slot, everything works fine.

Please don't tell me I have a defective motherboard...

Never mind, it still shut off with just one RAM stick int he first DIMM2 slot. RAM seems good then I guess?

What are the odds it's the PSU doing all of this?

Last edited:

Attached are images of each page from my BIOS.

Attachments

• BIOS 1.png
    BIOS 1.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 168
  • BIOS 2.png
    BIOS 2.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 163
  • BIOS 3.png
    BIOS 3.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 180
  • BIOS 4.png
    BIOS 4.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 161
  • BIOS 5.png
    BIOS 5.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 155
  • BIOS 6.png
    BIOS 6.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 174
It's possible it could be the PSU. Though I see an issue in the bios, can yuou press F7 find the dram voltage and set it to 1.35v

Simple way is press that xmp button on bios pic 3

Haha, oh, got it. Should I be pressing that XMP button though still even if I manually changed the voltage in the "Advanced" settings?

Attachments

• RAM Voltage Change 1.png
    RAM Voltage Change 1.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 149
  • RAM Voltage Change 2.png
    RAM Voltage Change 2.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 156
I ran theHunter: Call of the Wild both with and without XMP and kept the DRAM voltage at 1.35v, both times the computer turned off and back on again as soon as the main menu showed up and any real processing needed to be done.

Sometimes I can get a few moments of gameplay in before the system restarts, but a lot of the time it's when the main menu shows up or shortly after.

Note: These restarts happened before I ever had a video card as well.

Back