Windows 10 Newly built computer restarts/crashes randomly

Can you get access to another PSU as that sounds like a power issue.

I just got back from Best Buy a few moments ago, they're out of stock on PSU's at the moment.

How likely is it the motherboard is causing this? I would much rather the issue be the PSU and am really hoping it is.

It could possibly be the motherboard, but after experiencing an issue similar to yours I'd be looking at the PSU first.

It could possibly be the motherboard, but after experiencing an issue similar to yours I'd be looking at the PSU first.

Very good, thank you!

It may be a few days on the PSU, I'll let you all know, thank you.

Please humour me, but can you plug the machine into a different wall outlet.

Sure thing! I'll plug it into a different outlet and run theHunter: Call of the Wild since that's the only thing I can really do to get the machine to turn off.

Hi,
to check if it's the PSU or gpu try running Furmark which will stress test your graphics and system.

FurMark > Home

When the system restarts do you actually see any sign of a bsod or does it simply reboot?

I know you looked previously, but try this. Open file explorer and click 'view' located at the top. Look to the right for a check box marked 'Hidden items' and check that. Now pop into the Windows folder and check the minidump folder again. Please post anything found.

Check all connections to motherboard and gpu that they are firmly clicked into place.

When the system restarts do you actually see any sign of a bsod or does it simply reboot?

I know you looked previously, but try this. Open file explorer and click 'view' located at the top. Look to the right for a check box marked 'Hidden items' and check that. Now pop into the Windows folder and check the minidump folder again. Please post anything found.

Check all connections to motherboard and gpu that they are firmly clicked into place.

Sorry for the late reply, life is doing its thing. I will report back once I have eliminated the PSU out of the equation. Thank you all for your patience and support.

I did do what you mentioned with the connections, thank you for the suggestion.

There is no BSOD at all, ever, it just turns off then back on again. Funny thing is, since I've gotten the system to shut down 100% of the time the main menu for theHunter: Call of the Wild shows up when first loading the game, it actually hasn't restarted on me randomly since. At all. It may be a coincidence but info I can share nonetheless.

I'll report back in as soon as I get a new PSU!

Hello again!

My system has crashed during several applications now, not just theHunter: Call of the Wild. I will be getting a new PSU in a few days and will keep you all posted!

Hello again!

My system has crashed during several applications now, not just theHunter: Call of the Wild. I will be getting a new PSU in a few days and will keep you all posted!
Please post the dump files if you have them. It's always worth us having a look as the more we see the better.

Please post the dump files if you have them. It's always worth us having a look as the more we see the better.

Hello! I swapped my PSU for the exact same one and everything is working beautifully now!

Thank you all so much for all of your assistance! Seriously, I can't thank you enough.

Even though I bought the same PSU, a Corsair CX750M, there was one difference I noticed between the two; the first one I bought smelled like "new hardware," like a new console... and the new one smells like wet paint.

That is all I have, a data point for the future internet to refer back to.

Hello! I swapped my PSU for the exact same one and everything is working beautifully now!

Thank you all so much for all of your assistance! Seriously, I can't thank you enough.

Even though I bought the same PSU, a Corsair CX750M, there was one difference I noticed between the two; the first one I bought smelled like "new hardware," like a new console... and the new one smells like wet paint.

That is all I have, a data point for the future internet to refer back to.
Fantastic!

Start with reset your RAM, run a memtest from a bootable flashdrive. You make sure the BIOS is reading your RAM at the correct speed. You should also be able to see some temperatures from your BIOS.
If you have another GPU you can try, I would take that opportunity to install any Windows updates and any other drivers you need.

I have the near-exact motherboard you have Z390M AC, I have Z390 AC. I had crashing issues as well.
My solution was to remove: OneDrive.
(other solutions say re-install)

Also: you can't run ram that slower than the motherboard's recommended lowest speed.
RAM for Z390M ( 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz )
it will give you random rebooting and crashing issues as well

If you are going to remove any programs this program is better than MS's uninstaller:
it removed the program files, the folder, and the registry entries whereas MS uninstaller always leaves the folders and or registry entries.

my setup:
i7-9700k, RTX 2060 KO 6GB, 32GB of ram
running on two NVME running raid 0.
Windows 10 - v1903

Back