Windows 7 Nforce ethernet problems - please help.

If your motherboard wasn't supported by Windows Vista, it won't be supported by 7.
NForce 2 is 6 years old, old enough that it didn't even support dual core processors.
It's not likely you'll get it to work unless a 3rd party fix is provided, and that'll only happen after the full release.
I'd say either grab a cheap NIC from your local computer store, or you're SOL for now.

Sorry, Mate.

I got it to work!

I got the same problem with my nForce2 board (NF7-S) and I tried the unified drivers from Guru3D and I got it to work!! Thanks for the hint ;) I did the install from the device manager. I installed the SMbus and ethernet drivers and Windows Update has updated the sound drivers by itself. But the sound is not clear, it's distorted. I will try the sound's drivers from Guru3D.

Wooohoooooo!!!

I took a great risk but it worked.. i did a clean install, deleted all my other partitions including my dualboot Windows XP and installed Windows 7 clean. The normal drivers did still get error 10 but the ones provided above worked great! Thank you so much! Now i see how good this is when i actually get to do something

I was able to get the ethernet drivers to work by doing the following. I downloaded the posted guru drivers and then right-clicked ran them in the xp compatibility mode. It will then extract the drivers to "C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\8.22" or something similar. It will then ask you to run the setup, but choose no. Then go to "C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\8.22" and right-click the setup.exe file and run that in xp compatibility mode. BINGO, that's what did it for me. Hope this helps.

I am having a very similar problem. I have the 680i motherboard, and I have been running vista 64-bit with no issues for over a year now.

Windows 7 doesn't detect ANY network adapters. There isn't even a network adapters category in device manager. There is nothing for my to right-click and update drivers to.

I had no issues with these network drivers in vista 64-bit. I did a clean format/install of Windows 7.

I have tried every suggestion in this thread and others to no avail.

If anyone has anything else I can try before I format and go back to Vista 64-bit, please reply.

Fixed

Okay, i have a nforce motherboard aswell, Ethernet didnt worked... i went nuts last night tryign to fix this issue trying everything i found over forums, downloaded drivers from my motehrboard site, didnt work, tryed nforce drivers from nvidia, same result (Tryed to install almsot every version of windows drivers i found).. then i remembered this program called "EVEREST" , i downloaded it, saw who was the manufacturer of my ethernet device, went over their site, got the driver for vista32 bits, run the setup over vista compatibility and DONE. Ethernet workign right away.

Hopes this helps anyone.

Cheers!

I've had exactly the same problem with the 8200 mgpu chipset, the board came with vista 32/64 drivers which install ok but just says the cable is unplugged, the little lights on the port are blank as well so there's definitely no activity.

Of course the always helpful NVidia website says to use windows update for windows 7 drivers :confused: well since i don't have a network and i can't use windows update to grab dirvers from another PC that's not very helpful.

Will try the above recommendations and post back in case anyone else has the same chipset, otherwise i'll grab a cheap PCI card and use that.

Nforce

I had the same problem. I went to EVGA and downloaded the 15.xx Vista 64 bit motherboard drivers and problen solved, manualy installed them. I run the 780i motherboards in boath computers. They boath had the problem.

Thomas :cool:

Allso have the same problem

With the drivers for 680i SLI chipset

Running with a Abit IN9 32X-MAX WiFi on the RC 7100 build

I too have an IN9 32x MAX board and found that my network devices were not installed. This has continued to happen since the first beta releases. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now.

Anyways i noticed that on the back of my board, even shut down but still plugged in, my network adapters were lit up with a solid yellow light. I unplugged the computer and plugged it back in. The lights were off...booted back into windows 7 and there were my network adapters listed.

I dont know how often it will happen or what the final solution is but that is how you can get it working for now.

I was having the same problem when I installed windows 7 beta going from windows 7 rc, I tried everything for hours, and eventually cleared my CMOS, problem solved.

Seems like the 7 install is doing something funky to the CMOS, atleast for me.

Remember if you have raid, to turn it back on.

Problem solved...whit Acer 6530 Atheros AR121/AR8113

I have an Acer 6530 Atheros AR121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI Ethernet Controller (NDIS6.20). I did't my ethernet run, then I look for the problem solving so, I search in the "Dispositive Manage(Administrador de dispositivos)/Advanced Options" and I do "Value: enabled" and the problem was solved.

Sorry for the bad english, greetings from Mexico.

I have the same issue. Running Abit IN9-Max mobo. Installed windows 7 yesterday and it wasnt detecting my network cards. I discovered another forum stating that if you power down your system and boot up after it will detect your cards. Did that and it worked but now I have to do it every time I boot up my system. Its annoying. anyone with the same issue?

I have the same issue. Running Abit IN9-Max mobo. Installed windows 7 yesterday and it wasnt detecting my network cards. I discovered another forum stating that if you power down your system and boot up after it will detect your cards. Did that and it worked but now I have to do it every time I boot up my system. Its annoying. anyone with the same issue?

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Try that.

Select

Product Type: nforce
Product Series: nforce 6 series
product: nforce 680i SLI
download type: Driver
operating system: win7 64 or 32 which ever you have.
English: english.

I had similar problems. I just uninstalled all my NVIDIA network adapters/connections and downloaded (on another computer on my home network running XP) and installed the NVIDIA drivers for Windows 7 and all is well. Been running like a charm ever since. Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Also, when you install the Chipset Driver, Somewhere between the install, it will ask to install nforce network firewall option, Uncheck this option as it will give you problems down the road.

I also had same problem: after rebooting PC, my ethernet card disapiars. Solved problem after downloading "NVIDIA nForce Ethernet Driver" (not chipset driver from nvidia`s website). (Link Removed - Invalid URL). Sorry for bad English, greetings from Ukraine.

Back