Windows 7 No device drivers found

haseeb1431

Hi
i bought a new dell inspiron n 5010 and i have downloaded windows 7 professional(64 bit) from the MSDNAA account and burned the image on the DVD.

In the bios of my laptop i set the sata mode to ahci

when i try to install windows 7. it loads file completely but after install and next button click a dialog box appears with some message as

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok."

That message gives me 3 buttons: ok, cancel and browse, neither of OK and CANCEL would let me through the install, and with browse i have tried to find those missing drivers but without succeed.

what should i do?

Does the installation go well with the IDE mode?

You likely need the ahci driver. Check Link Removed - Invalid URL site as well as the site of your mobile motherboard manufacturer. Before the installation starts, click on "Load Driver" and browse to the driver location:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I have my drives setup for AHCI and installed Windows 7 several times. The AHCI driver can be loaded either after the Windows 7 install process is done or before clicking the Load Driver option as in the above screenshot.

It doesn't make any difference really, but it's easier to do it during the install process as shown.

Back