Windows 7 no dvd drive

ginnes

Hi,

I have a little/big problem with DVD drive :frown: ...with upgrading from Vista to Win7 the DVD drive DVD drive not being recognised.... Device manager or My computer. However when a disc is inserted into the drive, the drive then shows up.

It is exact problem like was described in this thread http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/18279-no-dvd-drive-3.html but installing the IMSM driver doesn`t help.

1.jpg
installing this driver didn`t help. The DVD drive still doesn`t show.

Only software that recognize this problem is Driver Detective.
1.jpg

But I don`t know how to solve this. Notebook: Acer Aspire 5935 , windows is fully updated, drivers also with Uniblue Power Suite.

Thanks for reply

/excuse my english :cool:

There are two things I can think of. The first does not really sound like your problem, but you might check.

In the Control Panel under Folder options, View tab, there is a setting to hide empty drives in the Computer folder. You might see if that is checked.

The other thing is you might check for a firmware update for the DVD drive. Mine was doing the same type of thing, like only showing up when the tray was opened and the firmware update solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom