Windows 7 No Internet Access on LAN connection - Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Grogian

Hello,

When connecting plugging an Ethernet cable into my laptop, I have no internet access.

-The troubleshooter's results are "The DNS Server is not responding."
-I do not have "Bonjour Services."
-Ethernet was working before on Vista, and still works on my Ubuntu laptop
-Upgrade, not clean install of Windows 7
-Tried the installing drivers for Gigabit Ethernet from Broadcom, both XP and Vista
-Wireless LAN is working

Any idea about what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Well. I know I don't have Bonjour Services, as I said above.

But, I disabled firewall: did not achieve anything.
Re-enabling it, however, gave me internet access.
Not sure for how long this will last, but thanks ;D

No router, I'm plugging directly into the wall.

Yesterday LAN was working fine. Today it's not. Tried disabling and then re-enabling the firewall like I did yesterday, but to no effect.

Yesterday LAN was working fine. Today it's not. Tried disabling and then re-enabling the firewall like I did yesterday, but to no effect.

You don't need Wireless Lan it if you are plugged in. Run Msconfig and disable it under services and reboot and be done with it. It's always polling for a better wireless connection every 60 seconds when it's running anyway.

I wasn't talking about WLAN, I'm strictly speaking about my Ethernet LAN. It worked yesterday, for the first time on windows 7, after disabling my firewall and then enabling it. But today when I booted it up, it was not working. Although... now it's working again. I don't know whats going on now >_>

You say "No router, I'm plugging directly into the wall." Can you explain this for me a little more clearly...do you mean that you are plugging directly into your ISP supplied device (cable or dsl modem). The reason I ask, is because ("The DNS Server is not responding.") some devices have issues with DNS forwarding and if you throw IPv6 into the mix it can sometimes further compound the problem. So perhaps you could try unchecking IPv6 in you network adapter properties and perhaps manually assign a DNS resolver under the properties of IPv4 take a look at this post, maybe it will help, maybe not http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/29753-dns-domain-name-system-service.html keep us informed as to your progress

You say \"No router, I'm plugging directly into the wall.\" Can you explain this for me a little more clearly...do you mean that you are plugging directly into your ISP supplied device (cable or dsl modem). The reason I ask, is because (\"The DNS Server is not responding.\") some devices have issues with DNS forwarding and if you throw IPv6 into the mix it can sometimes further compound the problem. So perhaps you could try unchecking IPv6 in you network adapter properties and perhaps manually assign a DNS resolver under the properties of IPv4 take a look at this post, maybe it will help, maybe not http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/29753-dns-domain-name-system-service.html keep us informed as to your progress

No no no, I fixed my problem.
I was just explaining to Lancez:
Lancez said:
Same problem here
about how I fixed it.
Thanks though.

Back