Windows 7 No Internet Access

bcorriveau

I just switched internet providers this morning and my laptop is connected to the wireless router, but won't connect to the internet. I do have internet connection, so there is nothing wrong with the internet. Under the connection status it says:

IPv4 Connectivity: No Internet Access
IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet Access

Other than that, there is a excellent signal quality.

Almost certainly a router configuration problem. Has your new ISP told you what settings to use or supplied a disk to set them for you? In particular you may well need to set ISP dependent values in your router for VPI, VCI, and encapsulation.

Last edited:
No they did not give me a CD or anything. We have a Net gear 54Mbps Wireless Access Point WG602 v3 connected to a DYNEX 5 port ethernet switch.

Speak to your ISP and ask them what settings you should be using for VPI, VCI, and encapsulation. Assuming you know how to log on to your net gear access point have a look at the WAN settings for these parameters and change them if necessary. If you don't know how to log on the the net gear then check your user manual or get back to us.

My ISP won't do anything because it is a personal router/ethernet. I don't have a user manual for the Netgear Access point.

Your ISP can't b expected to support every router on the market but they have a duty and a responsibility to inform you of what parameters are required to access their service for which you are paying and I would tell them that in no uncertain terms! You need to know from them the VPI and VCI numbers - they are very commonly 0 and 35 but you need to check this with them and then make sure they are set correctly in your netgear. You will also need to set your ISP account name and password in your netgear router.

To access your router you need supporting documentation for it - I would expect it would be supplied with the router either as hard copy or on a disk but if you need to download you can get Installation guide, product data sheet and user manual here (click on trhe documentation tab):

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back