Windows 7 'No Internet Access'

Andy2509

Hello all. I'm looking for a bit of help.

I can not get connected to the network here. I installed windows 7 and the internet didn't initally work. I had to reset my CMOS to get it working. It worked fine for two days, and last night it randomly just lost connection.

I tried to put in my motherboard disc to load drivers, but it said it wasn't compatible. My motherboard is an ASUS Striker II. I've tried disabling TCP/IPv6 to no avail. I don't know if I need to get some drivers or what to do. I've tried to diagnose the problem through Windows several times.

I'm going to try and uninstall ESET, and turn off the firewall. I really don't think that will do much but it's worth a shot. I'll post an update in a minute.

Someone please help me, I am going insane. Thank you!

I've just cleared the CMOS at the ASUS boot screen and I have internet on the machine again. I feel, however, that this issue will come back again due to the fact that this is what I had to do when I first installed Windows 7.

Should I be using this driver?
Windows 7 32-bit Driver Versions

nForce Driver

I've just cleared the CMOS at the ASUS boot screen and I have internet on the machine again. I feel, however, that this issue will come back again due to the fact that this is what I had to do when I first installed Windows 7.

Should I be using this driver?
Windows 7 32-bit Driver Versions

nForce Driver

Looks like the right driver to me. Have you tried device manager, updating the drivers on your ethernet card, and seeing if it finds something better? Chances are that it won't.

Back