Windows 8 No Internet on desktop

brod298

Extraordinary Member
Hi
I got a problem today, my desktop has no internet but laptop has it, connected through u-verse gateway and desktop
in question. Desktop is Asus and internet worked yesterday.Ethernet shows as enabled .
Please help
Thanks

If on-board the mother board could have gone bad. Is it wifi or on a cable?
Two options buy a USB wifi device and test if you have a friend that has one borrow it to test.
If you find that the it is bad on the motherboard either say with the USB wifi or if you want to stick with cable buy a card to go into your PC

Thank you for the answer. I talked to provider and manufacturer. Desktop is wired and when I tried Ethernet cable and wired laptop it worked, but desktop did not. They told me that Ethernet post on dekstop is dead and PC being 8 years old is better to buy new one :(

Hi
I got a problem today, my desktop has no internet but laptop has it, connected through u-verse gateway and desktop
in question. Desktop is Asus and internet worked yesterday.Ethernet shows as enabled .
Please help
Thanks

What would be the results for

(1) Ipconfig/all

(2) ping 8.8.8.8

?

try to flush dns then release and renew. this works for me everytime im having issues with connectivity though i am connected

cmd in admin or powershell

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Back