Windows 7 No Sound on DV1000 Laptop

SloanStrife

Just installed Win7 Pro on my dv1000 (specifically dv1680ca) and I have no sound. I had to initially install a driver from Link Removed - Invalid URL (only drivers for XP and Vista were available) for windows to see that I had speakers at all, not it thinks I have sound (sound animation in taskbar), but no sound.

I do get sound when I plug in my headphones, but nothing from the speakers. The same problem came up with Vista, but the driver seemed to work that time.

I was browsing their website, and Link Removed - Invalid URL seems to suggest that my computer won't be supported with windows 7?

If that's the case.... DAMMIT!

Hi Sloanstife,
have you tried running the drivers in compatibility mode? If that fails try running windows update.... You never know...

Could you give us the exact make and model of your sound card?

Go to Start > Run, type msinfo32, expand the Components section and click on the Sound Device

Reghakr he's running a lappie.... Check his post as it contains the model number..

Sound drivers for vista are here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL#

Like I said though try installing them under compatibility mode..

Last edited:
UUUUUHHHH,

I think I need a break:)

take a look at this link also:
HP notebook series supported with Windows 7

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
It seems to me Windows 7 drivers do not include support for legacy type devices. Possibly why some folks can't get speakers to work, since adding more drivers will usually solve the problem, hopefully not drivers that will cause conflicts.

Back