Windows 10 No Start Menu Tab

Spotted Dog

Extraordinary Member
When I right click my Taskbar and select Properties, I have Taskbar, Navigation and Toolbars Tabs, but there is no Start Menu Tab. I can't customize my Start Menu. Isn't there supposed to be a Start Menu Tab?

Thanks

I guess the options are somewhat changed Spotted Dog. You can of course increase/decrease it's size, change it's colour and move the icons around but that can all be done without hitting properties.

Just wondered, because all the Windows 10 (pre-release) screen shots show a Start Menu Tab. Mine doesn't.

Thanks

You mean there isn't a Start menu icon? If you press the Windows key on the keyboard does the start menu appear?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, I have a Start Menu Icon. There is no Start Menu Tab on the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. On the preview versions of Windows 10, it was there.

Yeah there are no settings short of reg hacking for the start menu or jump lists.

I have te same issue.
In fact, it is called "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" - but a "Start Menu" tab is missing, hence I cannot adjust my Start Menu settings!
Képkivágás.PNG

This is the Hungarian version, but when I called Microsoft Support, the agent said she cannot see it either! There should be 4 tabs ("Tálca" stands for "Taskbar" while "Eszköztárak" for "Toolbars").
Very weird, as the Start Menu (I assume in a highly customisable way) was one of Microsoft's "selling points" for the new op. system, claiming they heard the complaints of users re. the Windows 8/8.1 adventure.
This is what I saw in other "how-to"s. This is how it is supposed to look like:
ximg_542ed1ccd8fb7.png.pagespeed.ic.ylPSq3dcgU.png

And this customisation IS apparently missing from the final version of Windows 10!!!
Very strangely the Microsoft agent told me to post this issue on Microsoft forums (which I did now), as they can only support with download / installation issues, but cannot log such issues?
Very weird, indeed.

Back