Windows 10 No wifi driver

alti0204

Recently my laptop can't connect to wifi nteworks, there aren't any network shown and i know there are since my phone connects properly. So i checked the adapter window and there isn't a wifi adapter, only an ethernet one. I check device manager and there's only a Realtek PCIE family controller and a bunch of WLAN drivers., no wifi driver
Reset the pc doesn't help BUT a clean install works. And i've done that 3 times this weeks because after a few days the same thing happens again.
I did tried to connect by ethernet to get drivers off of the manufacture's page and install them all. It did worked then the same thing happened all over again.
I don't know what the heck is wrong with my pc, probably a hardware issue, but if that's the reason then why the a clean install of windows works?
i'd really appreciate any help i can get.
Thanks in advance

It may be you are getting device driver updates that are causing problems. Try going to Control panel, system, advanced system settings, hardware tab, device installation settings. Select "no" to automatically downloading. That will take you to another window from which you can select "never install drivers from windows update."

I thought that had fixed the problem but it didn't unfortunately. The same thing happened again. No available network and no adapter.
I do think that it's the window update that causing the problem since it always showed that window ia updating when the network went down.

But the MS update should not be applying driver update if correctly blocked. Try keeping a regular note of the version, date and time of the driver whilst it is working and check it again as and when it crashes. This should help you identify the cause of the crash and in particular if it is pointing the finger at MS updates..

My WiFi device, which is Intel dual band wireless-AC 3165, is listed in the legacy hardware in device manager, after installing it, it said the window couldn't locate the driver or something. There's also a event log in properties, the newest one said device disabled or deleted or sth I can't remember.

After I posted the last reply, next morning I found the WiFi is back on again, somehow. But it's down again now, after my computer slept.

I recently found out there's a proxy malware in my PC and removed it. There had been a proxy problem on my Pc that I can't turn off proxy server in windows settings. I hadn't know there'd been a malware so I only change some registry value to be able to turn the proxy off. It happened on every reset and WiFi often want down after I managed to turn proxy off. Idk if it's related or anything but worth mentioning though.

Also, I had just installed and used hamachi once and the problem started just a few days afterward.

I just reinstalled window. This time the problem persisted...

Difficult to see wood for trees with so many possible influences but as you've now reinstalled Windows, without making any proxy changes and maybe running malwarebytes to see if it is clean then try installing the driver from the manufacturer, turn of Windows update for drivers as I described and then monitor the driver details as I suggested and see if and when and under what circumstances any problem recurs.

Back