tntsniper

Oh my what a huge pain in the butt. I installed Windows 7 clean on my Gateway p7805u. It has a gforce 9800m GTS. When I connect to my HDTV it says "Plugged in" and I do see the Display fine. The weird part, no audio. I've tried everything, installing new drivers, custom drivers, etc. Uninstalling, re-installing. Cleaning out all drivers completely and re-installing. Restoring windows back to the day I installed Win7. NOTHING works.

-Reinstalled Drivers
-Put Default on HDMI
-Restored
-Made sure the tv wasn't on mute and volume was up (lol)
-tried various drivers
-Only put the display out on TV
-Tried disabling my speaker audio
-Uninstalled-Reinstalled several times

I use this laptop every day on HDMI.. Not only for personal, but for business. I need this to work by Friday or I'm screwed. If someone can help me fix this, we'll discuss a fair price and I'll paypal someone. I can't fuss around with this any more or I'll throw the damn thing. I'm starting to think Win7 is just another Vista.

Solution
It sounds like you've exhausted quite a few troubleshooting steps already. Let's try to tackle this HDMI audio issue on your Gateway laptop running Windows 7 with the GeForce 9800M GTS graphics card. Here are some additional steps you can take to address the problem:
1. Set HDMI as Default Playback Device:
- Right-click on the volume icon in the system tray and select "Playback Devices."
- Right-click on the HDMI output device and choose "Set as Default Device."
2. Check Audio Settings:
- Ensure that the HDMI audio output is not muted and the volume is up.
- Right-click the volume icon, select "Open Volume Mixer," and confirm that the HDMI volume is not muted.
3. Update Audio Drivers:
- Download and...
It sounds like you've exhausted quite a few troubleshooting steps already. Let's try to tackle this HDMI audio issue on your Gateway laptop running Windows 7 with the GeForce 9800M GTS graphics card. Here are some additional steps you can take to address the problem:
1. Set HDMI as Default Playback Device:
- Right-click on the volume icon in the system tray and select "Playback Devices."
- Right-click on the HDMI output device and choose "Set as Default Device."
2. Check Audio Settings:
- Ensure that the HDMI audio output is not muted and the volume is up.
- Right-click the volume icon, select "Open Volume Mixer," and confirm that the HDMI volume is not muted.
3. Update Audio Drivers:
- Download and install the latest audio drivers specifically for your laptop model and Windows 7.
- Check Gateway's support website or the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.
4. Check NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel (right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel).
- Navigate to "Manage Audio Settings" under the "Display" section and ensure that HDMI audio is enabled.
5. Run Windows Update:
- Sometimes, Windows Update can offer driver updates that resolve compatibility issues with HDMI audio.
6. Try Different HDMI Cable or Port:
- Test with a different HDMI cable or try connecting to a different HDMI port on your HDTV.
7. Check BIOS Settings:
- Access the BIOS settings during startup (usually by pressing a key like F2 or Del) and ensure that audio settings are correctly configured.
8. Reinstall Chipset Drivers:
- Sometimes, chipset drivers can affect audio functionality. Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed.
If after trying these steps you still face issues, you might consider updating the laptop's BIOS firmware and contacting Gateway support for further assistance.
Windows 7 is generally stable, but as it is an older operating system, some compatibility issues may arise, especially with newer hardware. It's essential to ensure that all drivers are correctly installed and up to date for optimal performance. Let's hope these additional steps help resolve your HDMI audio problem.

Solution
Back