Windows 7 Office 2007 Error

MikeJS

Hi,

Hoping someone can help solve my misery!! Installed Windows 2007 purchased, not a pirate copy.

When i go to launch it, word/excel/powerpoint open but i get and erro saying 'word is not installed for the current user'
then exits word.

i really need word for this weekend with a big asignment to complete for university, any help would be fully appreciated.

Windows 7 professional 32 bit.

thanks

MikeJS

Last edited:
HI, thanks but this didn work, i tried everything on that site.

Ive been into the registry and change permissions, deleted the MSO.DLL file but it just replaces it and i constantly have the same issue.

Is there anything at all i can do, before i consider using system restore?

Cheers

System restore is a good option and for the most part, pretty clean. I would give that a shot.

When i go to launch it, word/excel/powerpoint open but i get and erro saying 'word is not installed for the current user'
then exits word.
Can you shed some light on why this might be happening? Are you running as normal user? Did you install it as admin?

If nothing else, if you go to compatibility you might try setting it to run as administrator and then click the Change Settings for all users...

The only other thing that I can think of is if you are showing something in the jump list, you might try to remove them. I will occassionally get some type of corrupted document in the jump list and Word will open and shut back down with an error message. And you may have to log off and on to make it stick.

Last edited:
That,s Curious.
The message was normally popped after an update over a pirated copy.

It is imbedded in the MSO.DLL
One way to get rid of it is to delete the file and run the system repair from the original installation DVD.

ive deleted the fle and ran the dvd still get the error, it isn a pirated copy. Suppose system restores my only option. thanks for the help, i will let you know how things go on. :p

Back