Windows 10 'One Drive' file not Working Correctly

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
My computer: HP laptop, Windows 10, ver 1709.

Hi, guys. Here's what happens: When I click on 'OneDrive' it opens up OK and displays my saved folders. However, when I click on any individual folder within 'One Drive' I get this message: "we can't open this file right now. Make sure One Drive is running on your PC, then try again." I assume it's running because the file does open to reveal its contents, but I can't open any folder within 'One Drive'. Where do I go from here? Thanks.

Extra info: When I try to open an individual file I get error code 0x8007016A The cloud file provider is not running. How do I start it?

DISREGARD. FOUND PROBLEM. I found that I had to log in to my one drive account again. Sorry for the post. ADMIN: feel free to remove post.

Last edited:
Thanks, Neemo. I recently bought a new laptop when my trusty Toshiba died suddenly and never signed in to my One Drive account.

If you are using the one drive directly online then you might face this problem to avoid it you should download the application of one drive from Dell customer care so that you can use it properly.

Hello,

Check out this post by ErrorCodesHero.com

There are 6 different solutions.

I bet you can find the right for you.

It really helped me.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom