Windows 10 one laptop does not see the nework - all others do

The Lighthouse

Where I work we have several laptops all running Windows 7 or 10. One of the laptops running Windows 10 can't see the wireless network Lighthouse. It doesn't even show up in the network settings as if it didn't exist. All other laptops see the Lighthouse network and connect normally. This laptop sees the other networks in the building and can connect but I want it to connect to Lighthouse which has a better signal where that laptop is usually located.

I rebooted both the laptop and the router several times. Still, Lighthouse doesn't even appear in the list of available networks although the laptop right next to it is connected.

Where do I start troubleshooting this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Most likely the laptop and wireless network are not operating on the same frequency range and/or wireless standard, or you have a filter in place.

You can run my script here Network Diagnostic Information this should tell us if you have any filters and also the capabilities if the WNIC on your device. As for your router (SSID) you can use an application such as wifi-analyzer if you have an android phone to determine what your router supports or look up the model and read the manual.

Back