Windows 10 OneDrive Locked - Cant Be Unlocked

Budfudder

I try to connect to my OneDrive and get a message that it's locked. Okay, so I follow the directions to unlock it. I get to the screen where it says to enter my cell phone number to get a code to unlock. I enter my cell number, press the 'Send Code' link - and nothing. It doesn't send a code. As far as I can tell, it does nothing at all. It clicks like it's a link of some sort, but it doesn't send a code at all. Tried three different cell numbers, and it didn't work for any of them.

I've tried all MS' help options, none of them give any help and, of course, I can't actually get hold of anybody at Microsoft to talk to.

How do I get my OneDrive unlocked?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 104
Did you enter your cell numer without leading 0?
Or did you try it with leading + and your country number i.e +161234/6789 (+1 for USA, +1 replaces the leading 0)?

Did you enter your cell numer without leading 0?
Or did you try it with leading + and your country number i.e +161234/6789 (+1 for USA, +1 replaces the leading 0)?
The field won't take non-digits, so I can't enter the '+' sign at all. As shown in the attached image, there's a field above it that shows the US +1.

As for the number field, I'm using a normal 10 digit cell phone number. I've tried it prefaced by 0, 1, and 01 and just the number itself. None of them work.

And without preface, ie 6123456789
Or prefaced like 0016123456789 (00 replacing +, 1 for USA?)

And without preface, ie 6123456789
Or prefaced like 0016123456789 (00 replacing +, 1 for USA?)
Iv'e not heard of the '00' replacing + before...but I tried it. No dice.

So, if my cell number is xxxxxxxxxx, I've tried:

xxxxxxxxxx
0xxxxxxxxxx
1xxxxxxxxxx
01xxxxxxxxxx
001xxxxxxxxxx
00xxxxxxxxxx

Any other permutations you think might work?

I can't believe that MS expect anybody to actually jump through these hoops. It has to be a simpler problem that this...don't you think?

You are right, I am out of options 🤔
There may be a limit to the number trials in a certain period.....

Last edited:
Maybe try editing your Microsoft Account and make sure the phone number is correct? Also you could try a creating a new local profile, logging into it and then logging in to One Drive and see if it works.

Back