Windows 7 Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S my software won't see it....

PhilCollins

Hey all I could use some help my DVD RW gets the following error in device status:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I can't write ISO file, burns cd's etc. My pc see's it and i've reinstalled drivers but my programs cannot see it or register it.

Any ideas for a course of action?

Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator.

Paste the following line and hit enter afterwards

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Then restart and see if that works.

gave it a shot but still no dice, thanks for the attempt though. Still same error in device status and none of my software seems to find my burner.

Next idea; Remove it from the system.
Go to device manager, and right click > uninstall.
Let it uninstall, and then reboot and see what happens.

as I recall, there have been a score of problems with the optiarc, or Sony-NEC compilation known as Optiarc. Mostly in XP, but quite a few in Vista also.

I had purchased a bulk load of Optiarc dvd/rw dl drives for custom builds a couple of years ago, I did not have any problems with them, but I had read about a bunch of problems others were having.

If you feel lucky, you could try tweaking the registry as this Microsoft XP tip explained in a fix
You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"

Or you could read up on some other known issues for the drive at
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Probably most importantly though is click that send feedback link on your Windows 7 desktop and share the issue with Microsoft. As it is hardware related it would give them an opportunity to look into it also.

Back