Windows 7 partition not showing full space

akashgramin

hi!
i recently installed kubuntu 10.10 version on my system giving it 10 GB of space which i think, it took from the default C drive (62 GB) on which my windows7 was installed.But then i removed kubuntu and deleted its 10 GB partition so as to free that space.

But now when i have deleted that partition, it is not showing the space freed,i.e., it is still showing 53 GB size of C drive in the "my computer" whereas it shows 60.2 GB as the size in the disk management wizard.

I have tried various partitioning softwares but it didn't help.

someone please help me out!!
please.. :(

I know you say you have tried various software - but you don't specify which. Have you tried looking at the drive using Easeus, free from here:

EASEUS FREE Partition Manager Software. Free Partition Magic alternative for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008. Hard Drive partition software.

yeah i have tried that one also but cudnt help out!!
i did every thing--defragmentation,partition scan,.....
or may be u cud tell something i m missing

Having deleted the linux partition you've also re-assigned the space to drive C? The drive map in Easeus shows nothing but Windows drive C with no unallocated or free space?

Having deleted the linux partition you've also re-assigned the space to drive C? The drive map in Easeus shows nothing but Windows drive C with no unallocated or free space?

Actually,EASEUS showing the c drive as :
Total space : 62330 MB
used space : 45999 MB

and its showing the 10 GB space as unallocated/unused with grey color but i dont know how to get the space back in C with the disk manager showing no free/unallocated space left and the my computer showing the C drive as of size 53 GB. MY COMPUTER.PNGdisk manager.PNGEASEUS.PNG

Have you looked in Control panel (icon view) - administrative Tools - Computer management (it will take a while to pop up!) - Disk management.
You will find some alternative configuration there. If you can see the wasted space, delete it (Right click). If not, or after doing the former, then you can then right click and extend the volume to the maximum, in order to get your full HD space back.

Have you looked in Control panel (icon view) - administrative Tools - Computer management (it will take a while to pop up!) - Disk management.
You will find some alternative configuration there. If you can see the wasted space, delete it (Right click). If not, or after doing the former, then you can then right click and extend the volume to the maximum, in order to get your full HD space back.

Dude! i think u didnt get it. i said disk manager is not showing any free/unallocated space that means i cant extend the partition. thanx for the suggestion by the way.

use easeus to incorporate the unallocated into drive C. if the unallocated space is to the left of dve V then move drive C to the left first. Then right click in drive C and select the option to expand it.

Back