Windows 7 PC Restarting randomly, please HELP.

twovdesigns

Hello, my pc has been restarting ever since I re-installed W7 due to a virus issue, it restarts abruptly and randomly. Its as if someone pulled the power supply and put it back in. I have to work on a lot of projects for school and stuff, but I cant with my PC shutting down. Ive searched on many different forums, but I havent found a solution yet. Its been two weeks and I am very desperate to fix my computer as soon as possible.

I already checked hardware.
Havent checked the memory since I dont know how.
I checked my audio drivers and saw that I had two, since this was a solution on some forums I tried disabling one of them, it still restarts.
Also checked every driver individually and theyre all up to date.

Please help me I really need the help :(

K I ran the test and it gave me like 73 errors saying that my PC cant accurately store things on the RAM error.jpg
idk what that is, also where do i see what type of video card i have? I know its nvidia but not which one. Also I know its not an overheating issue since Ive checked the temperature constantly. It just restarted 3 times in 15 minutes today. in the morning.

Last edited:
Please help me :( Another thing is, that as I said it only started after installing windows again, so idk if its the memory..... but idk anything bout this.

Hello and welcome to the forums.
Hello, my pc has been restarting ever since I re-installed W7 due to a virus issue, it restarts abruptly and randomly. Its as if someone pulled the power supply and put it back in. I have to work on a lot of projects for school and stuff, but I cant with my PC shutting down. Ive searched on many different forums, but I havent found a solution yet. Its been two weeks and I am very desperate to fix my computer as soon as possible.

I already checked hardware.
What method did you use to "check hardware", did you physically open the case and confirm all connections for device cables and cards are seated properly, including memory?
Havent checked the memory since I dont know how.
When testing memory, it is generally better to do it outside the operating system. Use MemTest86 download the latest ISO (near middle of page) burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD to run the test allow 7 passes, and it's generally a good idea to test sticks individually and after you've found a good stick that passes all 7 passes, use that to test the individual slots.
I checked my audio drivers and saw that I had two, since this was a solution on some forums I tried disabling one of them, it still restarts.
Also checked every driver individually and theyre all up to date.
We could use some system specs regarding your installed hardware and system in general. Read this first post here http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 and fill out your system specs as best you can. You will likely need to use either your motherboard manufacturer's website, or the specific device manufacturer's website to get the appropriate Windows 7 device drivers for your system after a clean install. Including chipset, video, audio and LAN.
Additionally it's possible that your system is Blue Screening (crashing) and restarting, so.......
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

Hello, my pc has been restarting ever since I re-installed W7 due to a virus issue
Could you tell us the history of this situation and exactly how you reinstalled? Any special cleaning of the hard drive, for instance?

Are you sure it was a virus originally?

Ok Imma try and find all my system specs, but since all the parts are individual, well its not the original pc its very hardly modified, its gonna be kind of hard. About the virus, the person I took the pc to repair it said it was a virus, so I assumed it was. We deleted like 5 different virus of the pc. Also, since I ran the memory program its been restarting like crazy.

And I dont know if its too much to ask for, but could you please provide links to all these programs to check on my pc? I dont know which one to download etc...
I did the thing with the minidump, but it isnt writing any info in the folder, the folder is empty. And I dont see a blue screen when it shuts off, the screen freezes and the sound does too.

Another thing: How do I use the SF Diagnostic tool? I pressed all buttons and it kept saying file copied succesfully, now what?

I just used Driver Scanner to check my drivers and update them, two of them were "Antique" with the full red bar (Very bad I imagine) one of them being the network card or something like that, could this have been the problem or do I still have to analize all the rest of the pc? Also I ran the Belarc scan of my pc and I have the HTML on my desktop.

NVM it wasnt the fix, it just restarted again.

Last edited:
Ok, I ran the Memtest off of the disk and it gave me 10 errors (12 passes) I took a picture of it with my phone. Imma upload everything I have right now. Here they are, I dont have the pictures off my ram test since I dont know how to upload them.

Attachments

• Troubleshoot.rar
    311.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Back