Windows XP PC shuts down without warning

Paky123

My PC shuts down at least once a day without getting hot.
I haven't installed any new hardware lately so I don't know what the problem is.

Auto restart tends to be because of a system error… you can tell it not to restart in future or leave it but ether way the computer should be writing an error report to the events log that can help track the problem down.

p.s. xp only has two days remaining before Microsoft turns the lights out so this might also just be karma knocking to say it's time to upgrade.

Auto restart tends to be because of a system error… you can tell it not to restart in future or leave it but ether way the computer should be writing an error report to the events log that can help track the problem down.

p.s. xp only has two days remaining before Microsoft turns the lights out so this might also just be karma knocking to say it's time to upgrade.

But I don't think it has to do something with Windows since it doesn't show the windows shutting down screen and it doesn't restarts itself

Have a look into Event Viewer. The 2xx events may give you a clue what caused it. Drill down this chain:

Eventvwr
Applications and Service Logs
Microsoft
Windows
Diagnostics - performance
Operational
Event ID 201 ff

Even if you say it doesn't get hot, that would be the most probable cause. Or a malfunction in hardware, check what whs said above. And like ussnorway stated, XP is out. You must upgrade, anyways - XP becomes very unreliable in a few months, unless you only use it off-line. On-line, it becomes a hazard.

Back