Windows 10 Periodic Unexpected Store Exception

MCQubed

Attached are the dump files from the W7F tool.

I keep getting this BSOD on my laptop and it started yesterday. I have an SSD and it's less than a year old, so I doubt it failed. It's a Crucial MX100 and Crystal Disk Mark says its health is at 95%.

I'm running an sfc /scannow operation right now and it is nearly complete.

What else can I do?

Attachments

• W7F_11-05-2016.zip
    449.3 KB · Views: 238
Hi MCQubed!

I moved your thread to the correct section and am looking over your dump files now. In the meantime try running these scans one after another:
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Thank you and I will complete your instructions. Some other things I noticed:

Each time I get the BSOD and attempt to restart my system, the system disk is not found. The BIOS can't detect it at all.

However, if I pull out the battery and then plug the computer in without the battery, the system boots up normally. If I pull the battery, put it back in, and then plug in the computer, the computer will not start up due to a missing system drive. Why would the presence of the battery affect whether the system can detect the system drive?

Also, I don't think my system actually created a dump file for my latest 2 BSODs, which happened within the last 24 hours ... I've looked in the minidump location and it seems like all the dumps are from months ago.

----

EDIT:

sfc /scannow completed with unfixable errors.

DISM completed with "the restore operation failed."

Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe0009fbde1f0, ffffd001d4fb8990, ffffe0009eb2fbd0}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi MCQubed!
You sent some interesting dump files thank you. You had three dump files with one being Bugcheck 50 and the two remaining were the same with Bugcheck 9F

Bugcheck 50 can be caused by a number of things ranging from memory issues, faulty RAM and anti virus issues to name just a few. The probable cause did actually name Avira AV and I could also see in the dump file proper that it was very much involved.

avkmgr.sys Tue Oct 20 14:16:43 2015: Avira GmbH Manager Driver. Please remove and use the on board Defender.

To be honest even if you hadn't have got this dump file we would still advise to remove Avira AV until the debugging period is over. It's known to cause the odd issue itself so we ask that you just use the on board Defender for now as this is ultra stable. Also the latest version of Defender is almost a straight copy of Microsoft's server AV and so is better than previous gen.

Bugcheck 9F is caused by a driver not completing a power cycle and we can see that the probable cause doesn't really tell us a great deal. Luckily a driver does crop up in the diagnostics:
Code:
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:0x9f_3_power_down_rtwlane_image_pci.sys

rtwlane relates to your Realtek LAN driver:

rtwlane.sys Mon Jul 20 14:52:13 2015: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver
Please update using your lappies support page. In fact I found the driver for you:
WLAN Driver (Atheros, Realtek, Broadcom, Intel) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook - Lenovo Support (GB)

BiosVendor = LENOVO
BiosVersion = 9ACN26WW
BiosReleaseDate = 07/31/2014
SystemManufacturer = LENOVO

The above is your current Bios. I noticed that on your support page you do have a bios update pending which also carries a fix for S3 (sleep)

9ACN32WW
Updated Information
  • Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.
Summary of Changes
9ACN32WW

BIOS Notification

Fixed

1. Follow LNV PCR to fix UEFI vulnerability LEN-2015049: Configuration Bypass During S3 Resume
Ref:
BIOS Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo G40-70, G50-70 - Lenovo Support (GB)

If your not keen to do the bios flash then leave it. I would leave it as a last resort in any case and if you do need to flash it you could always ask the local computer shop to do it for you.

When you installed the SSD did you ensure you were running in AHCI mode? If not check in the bios and enable it if need be.

Please install the drivers I have taken a snip of which can be found on the Windows 10 driver page:
driver.JPG

Laptops-and-netbooks :: Lenovo-G-Series-laptops :: G50-70-Notebook-Lenovo - Lenovo Support (GB)

Lastly, can you go to the advanced power options via the control panel and make sure that 'Hybrid sleep' is enabled.

Post any new dump files.

Thank you so much for the information. I've always had very bad WiFi issues on this laptop ever since I upgraded to W10, such as the WiFi not connecting after resuming from sleep. I will install the updated WLAN drivers and BIOS and other drivers and report back. I have also removed Avira.

Hi,
thanks for the update.
See how you go after making the above changes.

I hope all goes well.. :)

Hi,
thanks for the update.
See how you go after making the above changes.

I hope all goes well.. :)

So far so good. No more WiFi issues after resuming from sleep either! Thank you very much :D.

Last edited:
Hi MCQubed,
thanks for the update, if any problems return post back including any new dump files. Best of luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom