Windows 7 Ping hostname is good, but cannot get access to the website in browser.

caowenyu

This afternoon, I first found that ie8 stopped working, but chrome was still good. So, I restart the machine. I cannot get access to any websites any more even my router's admin page. Any idea?

I can ping Google etc without any problem. There are another two PCs behind my router and they have no problem. The problematic PC has no problem accessing files intranet, remote desktop, ftp. I tried toggling DHCP, changing IPs, Firewalls, no luck. It's driving me crazy.

thanks,

Does Chrome still work after the reboot?

You might try running a System File Check. Open an Administrative command prompt and type:

sfc /scannow and let it finish. Report back if it show any unrepairable files.

A virus scan would not hurt, if you haven't already, and if you have, what are you using?

Does Chrome still work after the reboot?

You might try running a System File Check. Open an Administrative command prompt and type:

sfc /scannow and let it finish. Report back if it show any unrepairable files.

A virus scan would not hurt, if you haven't already, and if you have, what are you using?

Ok, I just finished the scanning and everything is fine, no conflicts.

No Chrome not working any more. MSN messenger and some other IM software fail too.

I use Norton-AnitVirus and already did a full system scan yesterday. No virus found.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Check your browsers (both) for the presence of a non-existent proxy server.
For IE open control panel
Change the View by: link (top right corner) to small icons from category
Select internet options
Then the Connections tab and then the LAN settings button.
Uncheck everything there and OK twice
Chrome has something similar click the wrench (top right corner of browser, then the Under the Hood link in left column then the Change proxy settings under the Network section. Should take you to the same place and uses the same setting.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom