Windows 7 Please Help me!!! STOP e4

Hi, Snowe

Do you want to try running the system without AVG awhile to see if your problems solved before we touch any of the timings. If however you want to check them out, they'll be in the bios under advanced chipset more than likely. Being a laptop it's more than likely these options are hidden though.

If you are still getting BSOD's after AVG has gone you may have to run Driver Verifier so we can flush out the Bad Guy.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Win7 Startup Repair feature).
You can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start >> All Programs >> Maintenance >> Create a System Repair Disc.

To start Driver Verifier:

- GoTo Start and in the Search or a Run... Window type verifier and press Enter.
- Select Create custom settings (for code developers) and click Next.
- Select Select individual settings from a full list and click Next.
- Select every option EXCEPT for Low Resource Simulation and click Next.
- Select Select driver names from a list and click Next.
- Select all drivers listed that are NOT provided by Microsoft and click Next.
- Select Finish on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. If this happens as soon as Windows tries to start then try it in Safe Mode. Continue to use your system normally, if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out and hopefully create a pattern.
On the extremely rare occasion that you can't get into Safe Mode, use System Restore from your installation DVD / Restore Disc to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

To turn off Driver Verifier when finished, Open a Command Prompt or Run... window and type verifier /reset and press Enter/OK.
or
GoTo Start and in the Search or a Run... Window type verifier. Select Delete existing settings and press "Finish

Last edited:
elmer its a little unclear try what in safe mode?
and it for example every time I use Chkdsk C:
blue screen happens
should I do that again and again?
what would happen if the pattern was identified??

elmer its a little unclear try what in safe mode?
If you cannot get into normal mode, then you have to try safe mode
and it for example every time I use Chkdsk C:
blue screen happens
To be honest, that's a new one on me.

what would happen if the pattern was identified??
We could then remove the offending software.

Can you run scannow? type sfc/ scannow in your search or a command prompt window

Last edited:
just finished
result
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Do you have a Brother Printer? The file not being repaired appears to be related to that, if your using one. If your aren't using one you could try a repair install using this guide

Back