Windows 7 Please, please help!

sean3612

So I have a PC, and have had it since June last year. But around September I suppose, I don't remember, anyway, I have been experiencing a problem that is really annoying me. If I turn my PC on, let it start up and then turn on my TV (I have no monitor yet) after start up, it should run and start fine. But if I plug in a HDMI cable and turn it on, or turn my TV on at the same time, or before, then the PC starts up but, here's the problem: It starts up fine at the desktop, but then the icons blink and the image turns into the default white paper, my mouse works fine but if I click then it freezes, if I hover my mouse over the task bar then the loading symbol shows up and if I click, again it freezes. I have been turning it off by holding the switch as the system just stops responding. However, I found the emergency reset button - I don't know how damaged my PC is already from all of this. I'm pretty certain this is a problem regarding the HDMI or a video card driver, I really need help and haven't found this problem with my description.

My specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i7 3770K CPU 3.50GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 by Palit

If you need any more spec tell me, and to anyone that answers this thank you. I really need it.

It would be best if the video components were available when Windows starts up so it can read them.

Is your tv set to scan for input signals in such a way it might be missing the real one?

You could learn the keystrokes for shutting the system down, like Winkey - right arrow - right arrow - Enter, or whatever it takes on your setup.. If you mess up, Esc should reset.

It would be best if the video components were available when Windows starts up so it can read them.

Is your tv set to scan for input signals in such a way it might be missing the real one?

You could learn the keystrokes for shutting the system down, like Winkey - right arrow - right arrow - Enter, or whatever it takes on your setup.. If you mess up, Esc should reset.

I'm not sure if this is anything to go by? Are these fixes or...?

Also, is this problem common?

Does your motherboard have a HDMI output you could use if you remove the GTX card?

One of the options you have it to try another resolution. There may also be some adjustments on the TV for the input. But if this worked before and now does not, it is probably something with the video card or its drivers.

Does your motherboard have a HDMI output you could use if you remove the GTX card?

One of the options you have it to try another resolution. There may also be some adjustments on the TV for the input. But if this worked before and now does not, it is probably something with the video card or its drivers.

Would purchasing and using a VGA to HDMI cable work and resolve this? My card may have a HDMI problem.

First & foremost you need to check whether your motherboard support HDMI output or not. As you mentioned you have HDMI driver & graphic card too.

There are some problems which can't be handle by ourselves. Therefore you need a computer support expert. I am sure there are several computer support expert in your city. You may ask them for help & also ask some troubleshooting tips & tactics to resolve these kind of tiny issues.

Back