Windows 10 Pls join us to give the right feedback for Windows 10

Orphydian

Extraordinary Member
If you want a complete and unified modern UI for the next Windows pls. join to give the right feedback for Windows 10 in order to become the modern OS we wanted.

Our main scope would be to assure that Microsoft understands we want to get an unified and complete modern looking UI, more functionality but also to repel the retrograde and ridiculously popular sugestions of bringing back the outdated elements from previous styles of Windows from Vista and Wind7.

Ive opened some suggestions on Windows Uservoice.com for that . Pls. uphold them by giving the maximum number of votes (3) for each but also adding positive comments. Since the negative votes are not possible this is the only way to counter the avalanche of suugestions faithfull to older Windows designs. Here they are (my main concern are the Unifying the UI and the General Functionality ones but I suugest giving your maximal votes to the others as well since they are adressing the issues more particularly):

A complete, unified modern UI

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...us-a-complete-and-unified-modern-user-interfa

Improved functionality

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...ve-windows-core-functionality-by-adding-addit

Microsoft Edge- improved aspect and functionality

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...soft-edge-aspect-and-functionality-add-that-f

Start menu and Start screen -Improved aspect and functionality

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...ign-the-start-menu-of-windows-10-by-integrati

Improving the current icons in the Preview Build of Windows 10

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...ce-the-3d-ish-icons-of-my-computer-and-recycl

Additional customization options

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...ustomization-options-or-further-customization

Apart from that, those that have installed the Winsows 10 insider preview can additionally vote for my Feedback added via the new Feedback app. Its very hard to find my suggestions there. You should search for the ones submitted on 22.05. 2015. Ive provided a screenshot to see what to look for

Windows%20feedback.PNG

and I forgot to mention that I wait for your opinions and own suggestions as well.

I think MS already has a "Feed Back" inplace for windows 10....which has been incorporated in to IE 11 and Outlook 2013 in windows 8/8.1. You will see the little smiley face in the top right hand corner, just click on that and give your feedback.

I'm sure the Microsoft team are extremely grateful for the feedback. Well done.

I think MS already has a "Feed Back" inplace for windows 10....which has been incorporated in to IE 11 and Outlook 2013 in windows 8/8.1. You will see the little smiley face in the top right hand corner, just click on that and give your feedback.

well I just mentioned the Feeback app as well. The thing is all the numerous and similar suggestions to a unified and complete modern UI should be merged somehow

Last edited:
Respectfully, I think you would be better advised to contribute to the feedback item mentioned by Kemical. It would have more impact rather than starting yet another branch off.
Added. With the Last windows (10), a couple of months away, it is possibly a little late in the project to start what you are suggesting?

Giving feedback is certainly commendable and it's been proved especially with this os that Microsoft are certainly listening. I think most of us here have given feedback at point or other I certainly know I have.(It's been one of the more exciting things about this release)
Lobbying for votes however could be perceived in the wrong light which is probably why their is a certain amount of reluctance on users rushing to vote with you.
Good effort on the feedback though.

To me, the idea that you can still open control panel is weird. I mean there is the "Settings" (formerly PC settings) and then "Control Panel". Fundamentally, what is the difference, other than that it runs in Modern UI? In Windows 8, you can reasonably argue that the "PC Settings" panel is not even feature complete compared to the "Control Panel". So I think some work has been done in this area, but much more needs to be done.

As far as 3D rotating icons or whatever, I don't think the look of the user interface is done.

Thanks Mike! Thats exactly one of my points in the Unifying the Ui suggestion. The App settings and Control Panel should be merged in a single modern looking app. The same for Music preview and Video preview with the old Windows Media Player.

It is there stated intention that the Control Panel will be merged as one entity. There are still a couple or so useful items still missing, but the feedback is in there and I am hopeful it will be corrected.

Just wanted to add. Moving things around doesn't bother me a lot. Possibly a handicap for oldies who have previous methods engraved on their hearts.
I use my computer as a working beast, so do not spend a great deal of time admiring desktops and icons. The add-ons, since Windows 8.1, are, possibly to me shame, also not anything I have become overexcited about.
What I have watched for, in successive Oss and builds, is overall performance. Windows 10 was, generally, quite noticeably faster in the area. The latest build has slowed things down just a little, particularly in rendering of new windows. Hopefully this is just a glitch in what has been advised as a buggy build. However, it could be that MS are now, finally loading in the smaller parts.

If the performance uplift continues, I will certainly be moving on. Otherwise it will be back to 8.1, which runs magnificently for me.

Last edited:
How does MS think commercial users are going to like the missing control panel and other changes? They avoided windows 8 like the plague and many went with Windows 7 or stayed with XP. I don't see commercial users dumping Windows 7 for Windows 10 soon. They also better start fixing bugs already there instead of just shoveling in more changes with each build. They better start showing a more finished product if they intend to release in July.
Joe

pls. join to give the right feedback for Windows 10
I for one, use the native feedback app already in place in Windows 10 to report or comment on various things I encounter.
That keeps me busy enough with all the crap that seems to either not work or is so buggy that it might as well not work.
I'm not certain that I, or for that matter Microsoft needs a third party resource to accomplish basically the same thing.
I can however say with some certainty that there is often a complete difference in the performance and behavior of the OS, depending on the install method and that things that do not work using the Update / Upgrade method often do work just fine when the installation is done as a Custom Clean install from the ISO.
So any reports of problems with respect to various portions of the OS "not working", should probably include, how the individual installed the build that they are submitting the bug report about.

If they don't fix all the bugs then it's nothing to worry about because MS is changing its update strategy of Windows. Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows but will receive regular updates and additional features as time goes on. This has been confirmed by Microsoft, and they have also said that not every feature they have planned (including design AND most certainly MS Edge) will be available by RTM this summer; they will be added in the coming months/years.

My suggestions threads on Uservoice forum are not adressing the problems and running issues with the preview. Those can be reported within each app. They mainly for long term design direction and functionality

EDIT: Does anyone else have this issue: Ive installed the preview on a virtual machine (VMware player) but it seesm I can get the latest buil release these days 10122

Last edited:
I read many forum remarks on the new features in Windows 10, and, in particular, plans for the future. In spite of reading up on official blogs and any other sources, I cannot confirm a great deal on the subject.

I thought it would be fun to post a list of what is, so far, a fact. These are definitely , imho's, particularly my comments.

1. Microsoft Edge. (still called Project Spartan for now). I us a combination of the improved IE and Chrome. With so many third party bowsers available, this does not interest me.

2. Xbox capabilities from within Windows, with streaming. I use this, and like it.

3. Cortana. No particular use for it on any platform. Cute, though.

4. Available, in almost identical form, across multiple platforms. That includes mobile phones.

6. Reintroduction of the more familiar text style start menu. Liked by some, shunned by others.

7. Free upgrade for most, excluding the Enterprise editions. - A big plus for MS, as far as promotion of the new Windows is concerned, and a huge reduction in the permanent future in maintenance bothers..

8. The availability of universal Apps could be considered a desirable new feature.

9. New Action centre, synced across all Apps. (A good thing?)

10. Merging of the legacy Control panel with the new settings. I was quite at home with the old CP, and consider this a loss, not an improvement.

11. Improved ability to detect changes of mouse and keyboard input, on the fly.

12. Improved Touchscreen capability.

13. New Office. Whether desktop, or on line, I cannot view this as being a Windows 10 improvement.

14. Improved security. (?) Anything labelled Microsoft is bait for hackers - they'll get there.

14. Apart from these. Users may have individual views regarding the moving around of well known functions. I could not, again, view this as an "improved " feature, as it could be seen by the majority of users coming from earlier OSs, as a handicap.

The future.

The only outstanding item I have read on this is the eventual introduction of the holographical feature. We will have to wait and see on that one. I visualise a need to purchase quite a bit of add on equipment before that could work - whether with Windows 10 or any other OS.

Anyone who has spotted other "new" features which they find outstandingly useful, please comment.

Back
Top Bottom