Windows 7 Plugged In, Not Charging?

VideoRapture

I am using a Dell Inspiron 5150 and it had XP on it but I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate and since I have done that my laptop will not charge. However it does charge when it is completely off and I plug it into the AC but as soon as I turn it on it changes back to not charging. I have tried all of the "Take out the battery and unplug AC blah blah blah" that I could find and they don't seem work (unless I didn't do them right). I have got the latest bios and everything. would re-installing windows 7 possibly fix it? or is their another way? Thanks for any help!

This is a situation I have not seen before... Can you tell if the battery is charging even though Windows says it is not?

All I might think is the ACPI needs updating, or the bios needs to be reset so a new version is actually in control. Most instructions after a bios update state you need to reset bios defaults, do you remember doing that?

This is a situation I have not seen before... Can you tell if the battery is charging even though Windows says it is not?

All I might think is the ACPI needs updating, or the bios needs to be reset so a new version is actually in control. Most instructions after a bios update state you need to reset bios defaults, do you remember doing that?

Well when the computer is on and AC plugged in it dosnt charge the battery or depleat it only stays the same the depleats when unplugged. This computer had already had the most recent bios when i checked but i still re-installed it (few hours ago) but no luck. I never reset the bios, the update was an .EXE that did everything i thought. how do i reset the bios?

I dont think will help too much but this what it looks like :/ Capture.PNG

The graphic seems to show it is 94% charged. If it showed 20% charged, I might be worried. Maybe 94% is where it changes over. Let us know if the number drops below 40%, but of course that is just my judgement.

The graphic seems to show it is 94% charged. If it showed 20% charged, I might be worried. Maybe 94% is where it changes over. Let us know if the number drops below 40%, but of course that is just my judgement.

I can get It to charge when its off but when I'm in the OS if its plugged in then the battery never goes down or up but if I take out the AC then the battery will start to Adrian like anyother laptop.

Back