Windows 7 Power state failure BSOD - when i close lid of laptop

Got another BSOD.. attaching the collected data.
After the BSOD, i tried to update the atheros driver downloaded from HP site, but i do not know what went wrong.. I was not able to connect to the network. So, again rolled back to previous driver.. I have kind of given up, on this one.. Any pointers of what to do next would be a great help..

Attachments

• W7F_02-12-2015.zip
    403.2 KB · Views: 466
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80076dea10, fffff80000b9a3d8, fffffa80073a3010}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Code:
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:x64_0x9f_3_power_down_athrx_image_pci.sys

Same again although that perhaps isn't too surprising considering you had the Qualcom driver installed.

When you tried to install the driver from the HP site did you remove the old driver first? It doesn't sound like you did and if that's the case I'd remove the network driver and install the version from the hp site.

Yes, i did uninstall the driver, and then installed the one from hp site.. but it never connected to the wireless network after that!! kept getting message that windows not able to connect to network.. i tried rebooting system and modem multiple times.. and so eventually i reinstalled the atheros driver that was previously present

Some Network drivers dislike the AV running when being updated. My network drivers are like that and i have to install them and uninstall them with security turned off. You could also try installing the HP driver under compatibility mode as don't forget it's actually for windows 7

Right click the driver, choose properties followed by compatibility and you'll see the option in the settings. Run it for windows 7.

Hi
I updated the athrx driver from HP site, as per your guideline.. but still getting into same problem :(
Logs collected are attached..
What shall i do ??

Attachments

• W7F_06-12-2015.zip
    619.3 KB · Views: 371
Code:

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80076baa10, fffff800044803d8, fffffa800743b680}

Code:
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:x64_0x9f_3_power_down_athrx_image_pci.sys

The atheros driver displayed in your dump file is this:
athrx.sys Wed Jan 11 04:47:50 2012

The driver displayed on the support page is date:
wifi.JPG

Also note the driver version. Please check your add and remove programs that the above is actually installed. Did you remove the original driver first before installing the later version?

Yes, i did remove before installing the new one.. By the way the version of driver on my machine is the same as the one on support page - 9.2.0.480 My past experiences suggest that the HP support page date for driver and the date it shows after installing it on machine are not always same!! - I am sure HP support guys put the date on which they put the driver on their page and not the date of the driver release!!!

For almost 3 days, i am running laptop with driver verifier and NOT got into this issue!!! However system is a bit slow and possibly draining battery faster too :) So how long should i keep verifier running??

Hmm... I'd turn it off and see how you go. Perhaps the driver has finally calmed down?

Hi
Got another one.. just the second time i did put it to sleep :( Attached are collected data
After the BSOD, the startup took really long time.. and also machine is slow..
Last night, big number of windows updates were installed, i on system, after which i had just shut down the system.. today morning. the startup almost stuck, so i did a hard reboot, and chose to start normally and that point of time, windows came up in usual time that it takes,.. it is only now, after the BSOD, that i am seeing this issue of long time to startup I am planning to un install the windows updates

Attachments

• W7F_11-12-2015.zip
    371.3 KB · Views: 309
Code:

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80076e2a10, fffff80000b9a3d8, fffffa8009cdb620}

Hi,
after doing some research on this bsod I discovered that there's a hotfix available exactly for this bug. Give it a try:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/975599

Oh and I was looking through your dxdiag and some of the figures surrounding the Hard drive partitions thus:
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 397.7 GB
Total Space: 695.4 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 SATA Disk Device

Drive: D:
Free Space: 2.3 GB
Total Space: 19.7 GB
File System: NTFS

Drive: F:
Free Space: 0.1 GB
Total Space: 0.1 GB
File System: FAT32
See the figures i highlighted in red? What are these, partitions? Is 'F' even needed?

Hi, I will try that hotfix.. :)
D drive is recovery drive F is for HP tools. i do not know what is it exactly.. but that is how i got the machine..
Do you think i should create some space on D drive? If so, what should i delete?

Back